Ch. 21: Break Up

School gate

I run outside the gate while my tears are streaming down.

Aish! I can't believe I fell for that guy! I should have known he already had someone!

I can barely hear Soobin and Dahyun calling for me and I quickly run around the corner so they can't find me. My breath is shaky as I stop running and I lean back on the wall as I catch my breath.

???: Get back here, you punk!

My eyes widen when I hear shouting and I look around the corner and suddenly feel someone run past me and hold me back against the wall. My eyes widen when I see that it's Namjoon and he quickly covers my mouth and puts a finger to his lips.

What the- What's going on?

???: Where is that punk? Aish! He's gonna be in big trouble when I find him!

Namjoon then takes out a rock from his pocket then throws it in the other direction leading them away from us.

???: Over there!

I then hear whoever was chasing him run in the opposite direction and Namjoon watches as they run away. He then smirks and I glare at him. His gaze then shifts to me and he removes his hand from my mouth.

Namjoon: Don't even think about asking.

Y/N: I wasn't going to.

He then steps away from me and looks at me with a curious look.

Namjoon: Were you crying?

My eyes widen and I quickly look away from him.

Y/N: A-aniyo!

Namjoon: You're obviously crying. You still have a tear coming out of your eye.

Namjoon then brings his hand closer to my face and I pull back. He stops for a second, then proceeds to wipe a tear from my eye.

Namjoon: There! It's gone.

Why's he suddenly being so nice? Why is everyone so out of character, today?!

I look away from him then bend my knees and place my head on my arms which were placed on my knees. Namjoon then leans on the wall beside me and sighs.

Namjoon: Mind if I ask why you were crying?

I sigh as I bury my face in my arms.

Y/N: It's… it's complicated.

Namjoon: Moonbin sure is unpredictable, sometimes.

My eyes widen and I look up at Namjoon with a surprised look. He then smirks and looks ahead of him.

Namjoon: Even so, it was rude for him to not have told you about his ex.

Y/N: Of course, he wouldn't. We've only been friends for a week.

Namjoon: But you guys are already a couple, aren't you? And he never even knew what kind of impact he left on you when he was being nice, huh? He sure is an idiot.

I give Namjoon an annoyed look and he shrugs.

Namjoon: I'm just saying.

I then sigh then look ahead of me.

Y/N: I wish I didn't like him.

Namjoon then looks at me then suddenly chuckles.

Namjoon: I guess we're pretty similar, huh?

I then look at him with a confused look.

Y/N: What do you mean?

Namjoon shrugs then smiles.