Ch. 34: Moving On

Minhyuk’s POV
Last night

Eunwoo and I arrive at Astro’s house and I sigh and lean back on my seat as he shuts off the car’s engine.

Eunwoo: Aren’t you coming out?

Eunwoo looks at me as he opens the door on his side. I just sigh again then close my eyes.

Minhyuk: I’ll come out a little later. You can go ahead, hyung.

I don’t hear anything for a while, and so I open my eyes just in time to see Eunwoo sigh then close the door on his side. I then look at him with a confused look.

Minhyuk: Weren’t you going out just now?

Eunwoo sighs then leans back on his seat.

Eunwoo: This is about Y/N, isn’t it?

My eyes widen when I hear Y/N’s name.

Minhyuk: H-how did you-

Eunwoo: You’re too predictable. You know that, right?

Eunwoo looks at me and I look down at my feet.

Eunwoo: Mina also told me about your conversation in the car after you left with Moonbin and Y/N.

Aish! Why did she even tell him?

As if he read my mind, Eunwoo speaks up.

Eunwoo: Don’t be mad at Mina. I still would have known even if she hadn’t told me.

I sigh as I close my eyes and lean back on the chair again. I then turn my head and look out the window, away from Eunwoo.

Minhyuk: So what if I like her? I’m fine with it anyway, since I always knew I had no chances of getting her. Back in high school, I’ve always known that if she didn’t end up with Moonbin, she’d end up with Soobin!

That was actually a lie. I’m not really fine, especially with knowing that I had no chance of getting to Y/N. I don’t even know why I went after her. My heart hurts so much now that I’m starting to feel tears form in my eyes.

Eunwoo: You know I liked her, too, right?

My eyes widen and I turn to Eunwoo to see him smiling.

Eunwoo: I mean, at least I thought I liked her. But I guess I was just trying to distract myself because I thought the person I liked was too naive to know how I feel.

Eunwoo then turns to me while still smiling.

Minhyuk: Well, your case is different. I really do like Y/N.

I then look away from Eunwoo.

Minhyuk: Ani, I...

I look back at Eunwoo and he looks at me with a surprised look.

Minhyuk: I love her, hyung.

I didn’t realize just how close I was to crying until I felt a tear stream down my cheek. My eyes widen and I quickly look away from Eunwoo.

Minhyuk: I... She’s the first person I ever fell in love with.

I hear Eunwoo sigh, then feel him place his hand on my shoulder.

Eunwoo: I’m sorry for having to say this, but Y/N... we both know who she’s meant to be with...

I clench my fists as another tear rolls down my cheek. I don’t even know what or who I’m frustrated about.

Eunwoo: Minhyuk, just know... just because your first love failed, doesn’t mean you can’t fall in love again. I know it’ll hurt. It’ll hurt really badly, but in due time, you’ll be able to move on. Your love life doesn’t end with your first love. You can always find another one...