Ch. 36: My Turn

Your POV

Y/N: Well, I’m glad that’s over.

After Yeonjun’s confession, we both went our separate ways feeling better than we ever had.

I’m glad Yeonjun said all that.

I then smile remembering the last thing he said before we parted ways.

“I know you chose the right decision, Y/N. I’m just glad that I met you… and that’s enough for me. Now just go to Bin-hyung before I change my mind!”

Gomawo, Yeonjun. Now I’ll surely go to Moonbin before HE might change his mind.

I chuckle to myself as I walk out of the office premises just in time to see Moonbin across the street. My eyes widen as he looks towards me and a smile forms on his face. I smile, too, as our eyes meet and wave at him with my whole right arm. He chuckles then waves at me with just half of his right arm. I suddenly find myself smiling widely as he tries to say something to me, calling out with his hands around his mouth.

Y/N: (shouting) What?

I give him a confused look and he laughs and tries again.

Y/N: (shouting) I can’t really hear you!

I give Moonbin a sign that I can’t hear him, and he starts to try again, but then stops and laughs before starting to cross the street to get to me. He’s smiling widely as he approaches me and I’m surprised that he’s actually crossing the street casually without causing any trouble. I then realize, that for some reason, the street isn’t really busy today. I chuckle to myself as a thought enters my head.

Even fate is doing us a favor, finally…

I smile as I look towards Moonbin.

Finally, we can patch things up and be together again.

Suddenly, my smile fades when I hear what sounds like a speeding car and I turn to my right to see one going towards Moonbin in full speed as he almost reaches me. I turn back to Moonbin to see that he doesn’t seem to notice at all, and suddenly find myself running towards him to save him. His eyes widen as I reach him and push him back so he wouldn’t get hit. He falls back to the ground, and I suddenly feel a strong force push me back, sending me flying in the air before falling back with a loud thud. When I land, I see Moonbin running towards me with a surprised and scared look on his face before my vision goes dark. I must have chuckled back then, because somehow, the situation just seemed really ironic to me.

I guess I was wrong. Maybe fate was against us all along.

Moonbin’s POV

Moonbin: Y/N! Y/N, wake up. Please, wake up!

I scoop Y/N up in my arms and start to feel tears streaming down my face.

No! Not you, too!

Moonbin: Y/N, please… You promised you wouldn’t leave me… Y/N!

I look at her face and suddenly notice that her head is bleeding.

Oh, please, no! What do I do?

I hadn’t noticed that people have started to gather around us until I look up and see them looking at us with worried and surprised faces, some of them with phones to their ears.

Why… why does this situation feel so familiar? H-has this happened before?

An ambulance then arrives and takes Y/N, and somehow, I’m left standing there, frozen, as the people who were surrounding us start to walk away. My hands and shirt are covered in blood stains, and my hand is shaking as I take out my phone and dial a number before bringing it to my ear.