Ch. 32: Tipsy and Cute

Eunwoo’s POV
At the bar

I take a sip from my glass of water and look towards Dahyun whining at Mina with her arms around Mina’s. I suddenly find myself smiling when I look towards the entrance and see Minhyuk entering with a serious look on his face.

Eunwoo: Hmm? What’s up with him?

Minhyuk looks around for a while until he finds our table then starts walking towards us.

Eunwoo: Hey, what’s up? You look upset.

Minhyuk doesn’t answer as he sits down beside me. He still looks really serious as he starts to grab a glass of alcohol meant for me on the table. My eyes widen and I grab his wrist and stop him before he can even get his hands on the glass.

Eunwoo: Yah! What do you think you’re doing?! Who will drive us home if you’re drunk?!

Suddenly, Minhyuk glares at me.

Minhyuk: You can drive, can’t you? Why won’t you be the one to drive us home?

Minhyuk then pulls his hand, freeing it from my grasp, then takes the glass and drinks its contents quickly. He then wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. Suddenly, he freezes for a while, then drops his hand.

Eunwoo: What? Did something happen? As far as I know, you don’t usually drink. Why are you suddenly drinking now?

Minhyuk sighs then places the glass on the table then leans forward with his arms on the table.

Minhyuk: I don’t know. I guess I just felt like drinking.

He then takes the bottle of alcohol on the table and refills his glass. Once it’s filled, he turns to me and raises the glass.

Minhyuk: Cheers.

I look at Minhyuk worriedly as he gulps down the contents of the glass.

I’ve never seen him like this before. Is he heartbroken or something?

Minhyuk drops the glass on the table again and I can see that his eyes are starting to get droopy. He grabs the bottle again but I stop him again.

Eunwoo: Enough. I won’t be able to bring you and Dahyun into the car at the same time and Mina can’t carry either of you.

Minhyuk looks at me for a moment and I see a sad look in his eyes, like he just failed at something.

Eunwoo: Whatever you’re going through, we’ll talk about it at home.

Minhyuk then sighs then lets go of the bottle. He then leans back on his seat and I turn around and grab my coat.

Eunwoo: It’s getting really late. Let’s just all go home.

I wear my coat then go to the other side of the table towards Dahyun who passed out again. I then place one arm around her back and another under her legs then lift her up. Mina looks at me with a surprised look and I gesture towards Minhyuk.

Eunwoo: Please make sure he gets to the car safely.

Mina then nods and I walk out of the bar towards the car while carrying Dahyun in my arms.

...

In the car

As I bring Dahyun inside the car after opening the car door, I notice her eyes slightly open. She still looks very droopy and her gaze suddenly turns to me. Suddenly, my eyes widen as she grabs my hand and pulls me towards her. It’s surprising how strong she is even when she’s drunk, but what really surprises me is what happens next. Our lips touch for just a second, but it’s enough to make my heart start beating rapidly. Dahyun pulls back first and she smiles playfully at me.