Ch. 33: Promise

Moonbin’s POV
The next day

I open my eyes and suddenly find myself face to face with Y/N. Well, not really face to face, but her face is definitely just inches from mine! I quickly sit up when I suddenly notice our hands. Our fingers are intertwined. I look at Y/N and notice that she’s asleep, sitting on the floor with her head on the couch with a soft smile on her lips. I sigh as I look at her with worry.

Won’t she feel any pain when she wakes up?

I then gently pull my hand away from hers, get off the couch, carry her off the ground, then gently let her lie down on the couch. I smile as I level my face with hers as I sit on the floor beside the couch and look at her. Suddenly, her eyes start to open.

Your POV

I open my eyes and suddenly realize that I’m lying down. I look around drowsily and notice that I’m still in the living room. Suddenly, I notice Moonbin looking at me with a sweet smile on his face.

Moonbin: Morning!

My eyes widen and I quickly sit up. Moonbin then looks at me with a surprised look.

Moonbin: What’s wrong? You are okay, right?

Y/N: H-how did I get on the couch?

Moonbin’s expression turns to realization and he smiles shyly as he looks away and places his hand on the back of his neck.

Moonbin: I actually brought you there. I thought you would probably hurt somewhere if you stayed in the position you were in a while ago, even though you've already been like that since last night.

I look away from Moonbin.

Y/N: Oh... T-thanks, I guess...

Moonbin: By the way...

Suddenly, Moonbin holds his hand out towards me and I turn to him to see that he’s standing, looking at me with a sweet smile on his face.

Moonbin: To be honest, I feel too tired to cook breakfast today. Wanna have breakfast with me somewhere else?

I look at him with wide eyes and he continues to smile sweetly at me. The next thing I know, we’re at the cafe at the intersection where we used to part ways back in high school.

...

At the cafe

I’m seated across Moonbin, my back to the huge glass window that shows the outside everything that’s going on inside. We’re drinking coffee while waiting for our food and I’m just sipping on my coffee to avoid a conversation with Moonbin. Meanwhile, in my frequent glaces at Moonbin, it looks like he’s just waiting for me to start a conversation as he keeps glancing towards me too. I sigh internally then set my mug down.

Y/N: By the way...

Moonbin: By the way, how’d you get me home?

My eyes widen and I look at Moonbin who looks at me with a curious look in his eyes.

Y/N: I-I... well... Minhyuk helped bring you home in his car.

Moonbin: Oh... well, I guess I’ll have to thank him soon, then.

Suddenly, I start to feel annoyed as I look at Moonbin. He’s even acting oblivious to me after everything I went through last night.

Y/N: Yah, I took ca-

Moonbin: Thanks for taking care of me, too, though.

I stop when he suddenly speaks and suddenly feel my face get hot. A serious look is on his face as he continues sipping from his coffee.