Ch. 26: Return

Suddenly, I notice bright headlights and I see Yeonjun start running towards me as I turn to the car as it quickly gets closer.

Yeonjun: Y/N!

Suddenly, someone pulls me back into the sidewalk and pulls me into an embrace. My eyes widen and my heart suddenly starts pounding as the car speeds by. As soon as the car is gone, the stranger pulls away.

???: Mianhae.

My eyes widen and I look up at the stranger’s face but he quickly turns around and walks away.

Y/N: W-wait!

The stranger continues walking as if he didn’t hear me and somehow, I can’t bring myself to go after him. Suddenly, Yeonjun grabs my hand and looks at me with a shocked and worried face.

Yeonjun: Are you okay?! You didn’t get hurt, did you?!

I look at Yeonjun with a surprised look then shake my head.

Y/N: A-ani. I’m fine.

Yeonjun sighs with relief and looks back at me and smiles.

Yeonjun: Thank goodness, you’re alright. Now that you’re okay, why don’t we go back to the others?

I smile and nod and we both cross the street to meet up with the others who go to me with worried faces. They all show relief when I tell them I’m fine and we all go our separate ways to our own homes. It’s as if none of them saw me being saved by the stranger.

No one really saw him?

I then think back to when the stranger spoke.

That voice... Could it be...

I look towards the side of the street where I almost got hit.

Moonbin?

...

Yeonjun’s POV

As we’re walking to our next destination, I can’t help but think back to what I saw when Y/N was almost hit. A hooded stranger pulled her unto the sidewalk. I could barely see his face, but somehow, I could tell.

He’s back. Isn’t he?

I turn to Eunwoo who’s walking beside me once the others are gone from sight.

Yeonjun: Hey, hyung.

Eunwoo turns to me.

Yeonjun: Moonbin... has he returned already?

Eunwoo gives me a confused look then shrugs.

Eunwoo: I don’t know what you mean by that, but so far, he hasn’t said anything about returning yet. If he did return, then I would know.

Yeonjun: You guys still don’t live together, do you?

Eunwoo turns to me again then sighs and looks ahead.

Eunwoo: We’re all waiting for him. We just wanna make sure he knows where to go home to when he returns.

...

Minhyuk’s POV

I arrive at Astro’s House and walk to the door when I suddenly hear someone behind me. I quickly turn around and suddenly see a hooded stranger. He doesn’t seem to be a threat.

Minhyuk: I’m sorry, but whoever you are, I think you’re lost.

???: Aniyo.

My eyes widen when I hear that voice and the stranger lifts his hood and smiles brightly at me.