Ch. 23: A Little Too Late

Yoongi: Are you okay?

Y/N: Y-yeah. I’m fine.

I stand up and pull away from Yoongi and he places his hand on the back of his neck awkwardly.

Yoongi: W-were you going somewhere?

Y/N: Actually, I was looking for someone...

I look around but I still can’t see Moonbin. I sigh as I bow my head in defeat once again.

He must have left already.

...

Moonbin’s POV

I turn the corner to the music room when I suddenly see Soobin walking in the opposite direction. I quickly avoid eye contact and walk past him when he says something that makes me stop.

Soobin: You haven’t talked to her yet, haven’t you?

My eyes widen and I turn to Soobin and see a serious look on his face.

Moonbin: Why should I? She said she likes you so maybe I should just give up on her.

Soobin: You know she doesn’t mean it. She only said it out of anger.

I look away from Soobin and start to walk away.

Soobin: She was looking for you, this morning.

I stop then sigh.

Moonbin: Am I supposed to believe that?

Soobin: That’s up to you to decide.

I turn to Soobin and see him walking away.

Should I?

...

Your POV
Evening
Infront of the school building

It’s evening now, and I still haven’t got a chance to talk to Moonbin because I never get to him when I see him. Yoongi confessed his feelings for me after he caught me, but I gently told him I already had feelings for someone. At a least he took it lightly. I look up at the sky and sigh.

It’s getting dark.

Suddenly, I feel Dahyun’s hand on my shoulder and I turn to her to see her smiling brightly.

Dahyun: Cheer up, Y/N! Maybe you’ll get to talk to them after their special performance!

Suddenly, we see Eunwoo coming up the stairs and I get an idea.

Y/N: Eunwoo! Are you guys having your last practice?

Eunwoo looks up at me.

Eunwoo: Huh? Uh, yeah. Why do you ask?

My face lights up and I walk towards him once he’s reached the top of the stairs.

Y/N: Can I come along? There’s someone I wanna talk to.

Eunwoo: Oh, sure.

Dahyun: Can I come along, too? I don’t wanna be left alone again during the festival.

Eunwoo smiles at Dahyun.

Eunwoo: Sure!

...

Dance room

We arrive at the dance room and I see Jinwoo seated at one area while talking with Minhyuk who’s lying down on the bench, and Myungjun on his phone in another area. They all look towards us when we enter.

Minhyuk: Y/N?

Jinwoo: Oh, great! Now you’re bringing someone to our practice?

Myungjun laughs loudly and I can’t help but smile at his reaction.