Ch. 16: Rooftop

Kai: Oh? New student?

Suddenly, all the other members turn to me and I start to get nervous.

Taehyun: It is you!

Suddenly, Soobin stands infront of me, blocking me from the other members' view.

Soobin: She's with me. She'll be the audience while we practice, but that doesn't mean that you'll be putting all your focus on her. Don't forget, we're here to practice.

Taehyun: Oh, come on, hyung!

Yeonjun: This is so unfair! You made a move on her while we were arguing yesterday, didn't you?

Soobin suddenly glares at Yeonjun and he shrinks back and goes to his position. Soobin then turns to me and smiles.

Soobin: Feel free to watch!

He then gets on stage and goes to his position.

...

By the time TXT is done with their performance, I'm smiling wide with amazement and I can see Soobin smile as he turns to me. He then jumps down from the stage and approaches me.

Soobin: Was it good?

Y/N: It was amazing! I couldn't even look away for a second.

Soobin smiles brightly and I suddenly feel my face get hot. I quickly look away from him before he could see how red my face is.

Soobin: So... is there anywhere you want to go to?

I look at Soobin with wide eyes and he smiles sweetly.

Soobin: That'll just be our practice for now. I'm sure you wouldn't really enjoy it if you stayed too long in the same room with them.

Soobin gestures to the other members on the stage. Yeonjun is lying on the stage, Beomgyu is sitting down, and Kai has his arms around Taehyun from the back while Taehyun tries to get rid of him. I chuckle as I look at them then look back at Soobin.

Y/N: You're not really wrong.

Soobin then holds his hand out to me and smiles.

Soobin: You seem to like quiet places. I know a place in the school people don't go to that much.

I look at Soobin with curiosity and he suddenly takes my hand and pulls me out of the auditorium.

...

At the rooftop

Soobin opens the door and I suddenly find myself at the rooftop. It's completely empty, except for some discarded seats which were placed in one corner.

Soobin: I go here sometimes when I just want some quiet. People don't seem to come here often so this just became my special hideout.

Soobin then turns to me and smiles sweetly.

Soobin: But now you know about it, too.

My heart starts beating rapidly again and Soobin walks over to the edge and sighs.

Soobin: It sure is relaxing here.

He then turns to me and gestures for me to go to him.

Soobin: Come on. You can feel more relaxed by the edge.

I then hesitatingly walk over to him and stand beside him by the edge. The wind is blowing and I breathe in as I feel it touch my face.

Y/N: You're right. It is relaxing.

I smile satisfyingly and turn to Soobin to see him looking at me while smiling.

Soobin: I'm glad you like it.