Ch. 41: Couples pt. 2

Dahyun's POV

I arrive at Astro's house, breathing heavily, and knock on the door. I have been running all the way from the hospital, but, somehow, I still don't feel tired. Someone finally opens the door and I look up and feel disappointed when I see Sanha.

Dahyun: Oh, Sanha... it's you...

Sanha looks at me with concern and confusion.

Sanha: Are you okay? You look tired, you should come inside.

Sanha opens the door even more for me to enter, but I shake my head while trying to catch my breath.

Dahyun: I'm looking for Eunwoo... Is he here?

Sanha: Oh, he just left.

Dahyun: Do you know where he was heading?

Sanha: I don't know. But I think I heard him say something about visiting you? I was confused because why would he visit you when you're not si-

My eyes widen when I realize where Eunwoo might be and I quickly stand straight and turn to leave.

Dahyun: Thanks for the tip! I'll be going now. Bye!

I quickly run to my house, hoping that he's still there.

...

Eunwoo's POV

I sigh when I knock on the door of Dahyun's house for the fourth time and still receive no response.

Is she still in the hospital?

I look up at her house one more time, then sigh again as I turn to leave. I step out of her gate, closing it behind me when I suddenly see someone call my name.

???: Eunwoo!

My eyes widen and I turn to the source of the voice to see Dahyun, breathing heavily as she stands just a few feet away from me.

Eunwoo: Dahyun...

Dahyun: I came all the way from the hospital looking for you, you know.

My eyes widen and she smiles at me. My heart starts pounding as I look at her smile.

Dahyun: I like you, Cha Eunwoo.

My eyes widen and my heart is pounding even louder now.

Dahyun: I like you a lot. And this isn't like those fangirl feelings I had back in high school. I really really like you.

Dahyun looks at me then smiles sincerely.

Dahyun: Do you like me, too?

I look at Dahyun for a moment, eyes wide and heart pounding loudly. Before I know it, I'm walking towards her with a shocked expression still on my face. Dahyun looks away from me as I reach her.

Dahyun: I'd understand if you don't but-

Before she could even finish her sentence, I bend towards her until I can feel her lips on mine. Her eyes widen and I close mine as my heart continues pounding, almost as if it would explode. I don't care though.

"Would you regret being able to kiss the person you like?"

Aniyo. Even if my heart does explode, I wouldn't regret a second of this.

Suddenly, I'm brought back to the times I could have realized my true feelings.

Back in high school, when I saw you there being bullied by Namjoon, I just felt that I needed to help you, more than I ever felt for other people.