Ch. 15: Make Him Jealous

Mina: You look really pretty. You must have a lot of admirers in this school.

Suddenly, Soobin steps infront of me and hides me from Mina.

Soobin: She does... And I'm one of them.

My eyes widen and I look at Soobin with wide eyes. I also noticed Moonbin look at Soobin with a surprised look.

Mina: Oh? Then I guess you're pursuing her then?

Suddenly, Soobin stands back until he's right beside me and places his arm around me.

Soobin: You're right.

Y/N: Soobin...

I look at Soobin and see him smiling playfully.

He's never smiled like that before.

I then look at Moonbin who looks really annoyed now.

Moonbin: You know, you shouldn't be too reckless. Things like that...

Moonbin gestures towards Soobin's arm around me.

Moonbin: ...shouldn't be done too carelessly.

Soobin then pulls me closer to him and I feel my heart beating rapidly.

Soobin: Well, she doesn't seem to be complaining.

Soobin then turns to me and smiles sweetly.

Soobin: You know the stalls might be selling something new today. Wanna check them out?

Y/N: S-sure.

Soobin then turns to Moonbin and smirks.

Soobin: We'll be going now.

Soobin lets go of me then holds my hand.

Soobin: Let's go that way. Dahyun, you can come, too, if you want.

Dahyun: Sure!

We then walk away and I try not to look back as we leave Moonbin and Mina behind.

...

At the school ground

Dahyun: Alright! Can someone tell me what's going on?!

Dahyun looks at me and Soobin accusingly once we're out of Moonbin's view. Her hands are on her hips and it's the first time I've seen her like this.

Soobin: You don't need to know.

Dahyun gasps and looks at me unbelievingly.

Dahyun: Why can't I?! I'm your bestfriend!

I sigh exasperatedly then look at Dahyun.

Y/N: I...

Suddenly, Soobin sighs exasperatedly before speaking.

Soobin: Y/N is jealous that Moonbin's ex is back and so we're trying to make him jealous so he'll finally realize his feelings for her. Is that really hard to say?

Y/N: Not if you're the one directly involved!

I give Soobin an annoyed look and he shrugs then looks away from me.

Dahyun: Wait, so you're telling me that you like Moonbin, that's why you got jealous and now you're doing this?!

Y/N: W-what?! Aniyo...

Soobin: You really are weird. You can't even admit to your feelings even if it's so obvious.

Y/N: Yah!

I turn to Soobin and give him an annoyed look again. Suddenly, his eyes widen and he quickly pulls me towards him. Suddenly, Dahyun gets hit in the head by a ball and she falls to the ground. If Soobin hadn't pulled me towards him, I would have been hit instead.