Ch. 38: Awake

Your POV

I wake up and find myself in a hospital room. This surprises me, and I quickly try to sit up but suddenly feel a pain in my leg.

Y/N: Ah! What the-

???: Y/N, you’re awake!

My eyes widen and I turn to where the voice came from to see Dahyun running towards me with a worried look on her face.

Dahyun: Don’t move too much! Your leg will definitely hurt if you do.

She then reaches me and helps me sit up. Suddenly, I feel embarrassed as she steps back and looks at me with concern.

Dahyun: Are you okay? Is there something you need? Just tell me and I’ll get it for you.

Y/N: Dahyun...

Dahyun: Hmm?

Dahyun looks at me expectantly and I give her a confused look.

Y/N: W-what happened?

Dahyun’s eyes widen for a moment, then she looks away from me, seemingly struggling to find the right words to say before she turns back to me.

Dahyun: W-well... you’ve been unconscious for 36 hours now, and I volunteered to watch over you. And your leg... well...

Y/N: Well...?

Dahyun sighs then speaks to me carefully.

Dahyun: The bone in your upper left leg is cracked, and it might take you a year to recover. Also, you’ll have to stay here for a few months. 3 months at least. And you’ll also have to take therapy after you’re discharged so you can learn to walk again...

My heart seems to have stopped when Dahyun speaks, and when she finishes, she looks at me with concern.

Dahyun: Y/N? Are you okay?

I smile calmly as I look down.

Y/N: Y-yeah... I’m fine...

Suddenly, I remember something and I look back at Dahyun.

Y/N: By the way, where’s Moonbin?

Dahyun’s eyes widen, then she looks away from me, sadness in her eyes.

Dahyun: Actually... he can’t bear to see you at the moment.

My eyes widen and Dahyun looks back at me.

Dahyun: We’ve told him several times already that it isn’t his fault, but he just seems so guilt-ridden. He’s... I’m afraid he might not be able to come.

Y/N: Dahyun...

Dahyun looks at me with wide eyes and I look at her seriously.

Y/N: Have you seen my phone? I’m going to call Moonbin.

Dahyun looks away from me again.

Dahyun: Actually... your phone got broken during the accident... but you can use my phone if you want.

Dahyun then takes out her phone and hands it out towards me. I smile at her as I take it.

Y/N: Thanks.

I then dial Moonbin’s number, which was already in Dahyun’s phonebook, and bring the phone to my ear, hoping that he would pick up.

...

Moonbin’s POV

I’m sitting on a bench in the park after walking to clear my thought when my phone starts ringing. I check to see who’s calling, and see Dahyun’s name on the screen. I sigh then reject her call and put my phone back in the pocket of my coat.