Ch. 22: Fixing Mistakes

Mina: Mianhae. I shouldn’t have done all those things I did.

I’m in the cafe, seated across Mina and she looks down at the cup of coffee in between her hands with guilt.

Mina: What I did was really stupid, coming back all of a sudden, trying to get Moonbin back... not to mention cheating on him when we were still a couple. That was really stupid.

I look at Mina with a surprised look and she breathes a laugh sadly.

Mina: I’m sure you already know that we were once a couple.

Mina looks at me and I nod.

Mina: I was unfair to him. I always expected the best from him and I wanted everything to go my way... He was so nice to me, but I still cheated on him in the end...

Mina sighs and I can see that she seems sincere.

Mina: I made a huge mistake back then, but I still continued making mistakes.

Suddenly, Mina places her hands on mine.

Mina: Please don’t do the same thing. You know Moonbin is a nice person and he only wants a second chance at love.

Mina then smiles sincerely at me.

Mina: You are his second chance.

My eyes widen and Mina pulls back.

Mina: Don’t get mad at him. If there’s anyone you should be mad at, it’s me. This is all my fault. Mianhae.

I smile then place my hand on Mina’s reassuringly.

Y/N: Gomawo.

...

Later that day

I feel better after that talk with Mina, but I still can’t help but feel awkward as I enter the school campus. Mina went back to her place, now. As soon as I approach the school building, I suddenly see Taehyung at the school entrance. I sigh with relief when I see that it’s not Moonbin or Soobin and walk towards the entrance. Taehyung turns to me when I’m near and I give him a friendly smile.

Y/N: Morning.

Taehyung: I didn’t see you during our performance yesterday.

My eyes widen as I look at Taehyung.

Y/N: Ah... M-mianhae. Something happened that’s why I had to leave.

Taehyung looks at me seriously then he suddenly smirks and leans on the wall.

Taehyung: Too bad, I thought I could tell you something that night.

Taehyung sighs then looks away from me.

Taehyung: Seeing what happened, I don’t really know if I’m too late now or if I still have a chance.

Taehyung then turns to me with a serious look on his face. My eyes widen when he suddenly smiles gently then walks up to me.

Taehyung: Tell me, Y/N. Do I still have a chance?

I look at Taehyung with a surprised look.

Y/N: W-what do you mean?

Taehyung: Don’t you get it? I like you, Y/N.

Taehyung looks into my eyes and I suddenly realize how close he is.

Y/N: M-Mianhae, but I don’t think I-

I start to step away from him when I lose my footing at the edge of the stairs and start to fall back. Suddenly, Soobin appears and catches me before I hit the ground. My eyes widen as I lock eyes with him then he turns to Taehyung with a serious look.