Ch. 28: Officemates

Suddenly, I hear papers fall to the ground and I quickly open the door and feel my eyes widen as I look inside.

Y/N: You?!

Moonbin is kneeling on the ground, frantically picking up the papers he’s dropped and he turns to me with a surprised look.

Moonbin: You’re-

Y/N: This is where you're working?!

Suddenly, I remember what Jisoo said before I left.

“Oh, don’t worry about that. I made sure he’ll be really accessible for you.”

I start to feel annoyed as I place my hand on my forehead.

So this is what she meant.

I look at Moonbin as he finishes picking up the papers then stands up and places it on a desk across mine which was never even there before.

Moonbin: So you’re the one in charge of finance management?

Moonbin smiles then places his hand on the back of his neck.

Moonbin: Mianhae. I was just nervous about being in the same office as my senior.

He then smiles brightly.

Moonbin: I’m glad that it’s you, though.

Suddenly, my heart start beating rapidly and I quickly look away from Moonbin and go to my desk.

Aish! I can’t believe Jisoo just did this!

Y/N: So you’re just supposed to help me, right?

Moonbin: Yup.

Y/N: Okay. So, you’ll just take care of what I put on your desk and I’ll take care of the rest.

I walk over to Moonbin’s desk, which is just across mine so that we would be facing each other, then pick up half of the papers on his desk. Moonbin looks at me with a surprised look and he quickly stands up and grabs the papers I’m taking. His hands are placed on mine and my eyes widen as I look at him.

Moonbin: It’s okay if I handle those, too. You don’t have to stress yourself too much.

Y/N: Uh... Moonbin...

I gesture to Moonbin’s hands and a confused look forms on his face.

Moonbin: Why? Is there a problem if I hold your hand?

Moonbin smiles playfully at me.

Moonbin: I thought we’re already a couple.

Y/N: Funny. As far as I remember, I broke up with you the night before you left.

Moonbin: But you kept looking for me after that, though.

I look at Moonbin with an annoyed look as he continues smiling playfully.

Y/N: But I never did. And we never even got that fixed. You just left without saying anything, remember?

Moonbin: Well, if you want, we can fix that now.

Moonbin brings his face close to mine and my eyes widen and my face gets hot as he does this.

Y/N: Y-yah! We’re at work, right now.

Moonbin laughs then lets go of my hands and I quickly step away from him as he sits back down at his desk.

Moonbin: Alright, I’ll let you take those, but when I’m done with these, I’ll just get some papers from your desk and work with those.