Ch. 11: Special Performance

First day of the festival, afternoon
Your POV

We had the opening ceremony in the morning and the cafeteria was pretty full when lunch break came so I just decided to go home for lunch break. When I was done, it was already 11:50, so I hurried to the school, hoping I won't be late. When I arrived at the school gate, Dahyun and Moonbin are already there, waiting. They then turn to me and I smile and wave as I approach them.

Dahyun: You finally made it! You know, Moonbin was so worried about you.

Moonbin: Yah!

Dahyun laughs and I give her an annoyed look. Suddenly, she takes my hand and starts pulling me inside
the school campus.

Dahyun: Come on! There are a lot of things going on here! You don't wanna miss them!

The next thing I know, Dahyun and I are at the school grounds where stalls were set up by students.

They're selling all sorts of things like keychains, handmade instruments, and some are even selling personalized products showing members of the Big Three. It takes me a moment to realize that Moonbin isn't with us.

Y/N: Huh? Where'd Moonbin go?

Dahyun: Oh, don't worry about him. He probably went and met up with Astro. It is the music festival, after all, and they should be really busy.

Suddenly, we hear an announcement.

Announcer: For all those interested, there will be a special performance in the auditorium starting in 5 minutes. I repeat, there will be a special performance in the auditorium and it will be starting in 5 minutes.

Dahyun: Oh? That must be what Yeonjun was talking about? Come on, let's check it out!

Dahyun then starts pulling me to the auditorium while skipping excitedly.

...

At the auditorium

It's dark and I can barely see anything in the auditorium. Even the stage is dark.

Y/N: Is there really a performance here? I can barely see anything here.

Dahyun: Of course, there is! A lot of people are already coming to see it.

I then look around and see that there are people who are entering.

Dahyun: Come on! Let's get a seat near the stage!

Dahyun then pulls me again and soon, we're seated right infront of the stage. In a few seconds, the stage slowly lights up and reveals the TXT members seated individually on stools on the stage. Unlike their usual selves, they look serious as Kai slowly raises his mic to his mouth.

H-huh?

My eyes widen as Kai starts singing and the people around us suddenly keep quiet.

He actually sounds really good.

Beomgyu then starts singing his line and I become surprised again. Along with his soft singing, his movements are also conveying the emotions of the song very well.

He's so good at this...

Next up is Yeonjun and I suddenly find myself smiling as I listen to him sing.

Wait, why am I smiling?

I look away for a second then hear Taehyun's voice. He sounds so sincere as he sings and I look towards the stage again only to have Soobin steal my attention when he starts singing. My eyes widen as I look towards him.