Ch. 37: Who's At Fault

Minhyuk’s POV

As I walk out of the hospital, I suddenly see Mina and Dahyun running towards the entrance with worried looks on their faces. They run towards me when they see me, and I turn to them as they reach me.

Mina: Minhyuk! What happened? Where’s Y/N?

Dahyun: Eunwoo just called me and said something happened to Y/N! Is she okay? What’s her condition right now?

I look at them sadly, then sigh.

Minhyuk: I don’t really know. I...

I look away from them guiltily.

Minhyuk: I left before the doctor said anything about her current condition.

I hear Dahyun breathe a confused “What?” and I look back at them.

Minhyuk: But you can ask the others once you’re inside. The doctor probably already told them something.

Dahyun breathes out a sigh and I suddenly make eye contact with Mina as I turn to her. Worry is showing on her face, but somehow... it seems like part of it is for me.

Mina: Dahyun, you go ahead inside. I’ll catch up later.

Dahyun: Huh? Where are you going?

Dahyun looks at Mina with a confused look and Mina smiles reassuringly at her.

Mina: Don’t worry. I’ll be there when the doctor arrives. I promise.

Dahyun then looks at me, sighs, then goes inside the building. Once she’s gone, Mina looks back at me and sighs.

Mina: You... you fought with Moonbin, didn’t you?

My eyes widen and Mina gives me a hopeless look.

Mina: Haven’t I told you to move on from Y/N already?

I look away from Mina guiltily and I start to become angry again.

Minhyuk: You wouldn’t understand. Moonbin was with her when-

Mina: Just because Moonbin was with her that time doesn’t mean you should blame her current state on him.

My eyes widen again and I look at Mina to see that worried look on her face. I look at her closely, and somehow I see...

Are those... tears?

Minhyuk: Y-you’re crying?

Mina suddenly shouts at me, and I feel like I can almost sense blame in her voice.

Mina: Yes! Obviously, I’m crying! What? You only noticed now?!

I look at her with a surprised look, and notice that her tears are streaming down.

Mina: Y/N is in the emergency room right now, but all you can think of is blaming Moonbin and getting into a fight with him. If you really cared about her, then you shouldn’t have become reckless and just hurt the love of her life like that! Didn’t you think of what she would think of you if she knew?!

Guilt runs through me again and I suddenly find myself taking a step towards Mina and wiping away her tears with one hand. When I pull my hand away, Mina looks at me, and I feel like I can see pity in her eyes.

Mina: I know it hurts to lose the person you love to someone you’ve trusted for a long time, but it hurts even more to lose the person you’ve trusted almost all your life.

My eyes widen and Mina looks down.

Mina: I should know... I felt that that night when I kissed Moonbin infront of Y/N.