Ch. 5: Sharing an Umbrella

I breathe once, then start to run into the rain while holding a hand over my head towards the direction of my house. Suddenly, as I pass by the gate, someone walks into my way and I end up bumping into that person. I lose my balance and start to fall back when the person I bumped into quickly catches me and my eyes widen when I see who that person is.

Y/N: You?!

Moonbin’s eyes widen and I quickly push him away and step back.

Moonbin: I-

I look away from him and place my hand on my arm awkwardly.

Moonbin: Look, about what happened this morning-

Y/N: Mianhae.

Moonbin looks at me with a surprised look and I tighten my grip on my arm.

Y/N: I didn’t even know why you hugged me and I just jumped to conclusions. I shouldn’t have done that.

I then look up at Moonbin and smile shyly.

Y/N: But, I have to thank you for trying to help me. So, gomawo.

Moonbin is still looking at me with wide eyes when I’m done speaking, then he suddenly smiles and takes a step towards me. My eyes widen and I look at Moonbin with a surprised look.
Y/N: W-what are you doing?

Moonbin: You’ll catch a cold if you stay in the rain like that.

I then look up and notice that I’m near the edge of Moonbin’s umbrella.

Y/N: O-oh...

Moonbin then chuckles and turns to where he was headed.

Moonbin: Try to stay under the umbrella. I’ll walk you home so you won’t have to get wet in the rain. He then starts walking and I follow him while trying to stay under the umbrella without having to be so close to him.

Moonbin: You know, you don’t have to feel so awkward around me.

I look towards Moonbin when I hear him speak.

Moonbin: What happened already happened. We can’t change that, but we can just forget it happened. So, you can just forget what happened this morning and a while ago and stop being awkward around me.

Moonbin then turns to me and smiles.

Moonbin: Wouldn’t that be better?

I look at Moonbin then suddenly feel my heartbeat quicken.

Y/N: Y-yeah... I guess, it is.

I quickly look away from Moonbin and look down at the ground.

What’s going on? Why do I feel this way? Aish! How am I supposed to not feel awkward if he does that?!

Suddenly, Moonbin grabs my arm and pulls me closer to him. My eyes widen and my heart is pounding now.

Moonbin: Your shoulder’s getting wet.

I look towards my shoulder and see that my sleeve is drenched.

Huh. How come I never noticed that?

Y/N: By the way, how will you walk me home if you don’t know where I live?

Moonbin: You can just show me the way.

Moonbin smiles brightly as he looks at me and I suddenly feel a smile form on my face.

Y/N: You have a point.

Soon enough, we reach an intersection and I notice that the rain has stopped.

Y/N: The rain’s stopped. Looks like there’s no need for you to walk me home, now.