Ch. 27: New Workmate

Your POV

I’m heading towards the usual intersection near my home to go to work when I suddenly notice the members of Astro, in a car, going towards the way Moonbin usually goes to when he goes home.

Y/N: Hmm? Where are they going?

I then realize that there were bags in the back of their car.

Y/N: And what’s with all the bags in the back?

I’m curious, but I still have to go to work, so I just shrug it off and continue going to the bus stop near the school to wait for the bus that’ll take me to work.

I’ll just go ask them in the afternoon.

...

Moonbin’s POV
Moonbin’s House

Moonbin: Wow! I miss this place! I’m surprised it’s still in good condition after 5 years.

Eunwoo: Yeah... we tried to maintain it after you were gone.

Jinwoo: We’d come every week and do the usual stuff, like, you know... sweeping the floor, wiping the windows...

Minhyuk: Fixing that broken leg on the living room table I kept telling you to fix since 6 years ago...

Minhyuk raises his brow at me and I laugh.

Moonbin: Thanks for fixing that for me, though.

Minhyuk shrugs carelessly and I turn and go back to the car.

Moonbin: Well! Time to go get my things! Mind helping me carry my bags into the house?

I look back at the others expectantly while smiling playfully.

Minhyuk: Don’t you think we’ve helped you enough already?

Minhyuk gives me an annoyed look and Eunwoo, Jinwoo, and Myungjun shrug before walking out with me.

Eunwoo: I can’t just leave you to do heavy work after you’ve just recovered, so I’m still helping.

Myungjun: You’re still our dongsaeng, anyway.

I smile brightly at them and Jinwoo places his hand on my shoulder and gives me an annoyed look.

Jinwoo: We’re helping you, but don’t push your luck too far.

Moonbin: Don’t worry. I’ll try not to.

Jinwoo: Yah!

I laugh and we go out to the car to bring my bags inside.

...

Your POV
Your Office

I’m at my desk as usual, going through the papers when I notice a paper that seems out of place.

Y/N: Hmm? That’s weird. Shouldn’t Mina be the one in charge of trades and connections?

I stand up and walk out of my office with the paper in my hand to go to Mina’s office. As I’m walking in the hallway while looking through the paper in my hands, I don’t notice the person
walking in the opposite direction and I suddenly bump into that person, making him drop all the papers he’s carrying.

Y/N: Ah! Mianhae!

I quickly drop down and help the person pick up the papers. When we’re done, we both stand up and I look at the person and feel my eyes widen.

Y/N: M-Moonbin?!

A surprised look forms on Moonbin’s face then he suddenly smiles sweetly, making my heart pound.