Ch. 4: Meeting TXT

???: Are you okay?

I look at the person with wide eyes and suddenly realize what’s going on. I quickly push him away and step back. People are really looking at me now.

Y/N: M-Mianhae. I should be going now.

I then walk past the guy while keeping my head down.

???: Wait!

I freeze when I hear him speak and slowly turn around. I then see him looking back at me with a serious
look on his face.

???: You’re the new student, aren’t you?

I slowly nod and he suddenly smiles. His smile is gentle and I suddenly don’t feel nervous anymore.

???: Nice to meet you. I’m Soobin.

Y/N: O-oh, nice to meet you, too.

Soobin then turns around and walks away and I suddenly notice the people looking at me again. I quickly walk back to the line and finally escape their gazes. The line is short now that almost all students are done ordering their food and I sigh in relief as I notice that I’m just four people away from the end of the line. Someone then lines up behind me and I don’t really notice that person until I hear him speak up.

???: I saw what happened a while ago.

My eyes widen and I turn around to see Yeonjun wearing a thin smile on his face.

Yeonjun: You and Soobin, I mean... You’re not interested in him, are you?

Y/N: W-what?! Aniyo! Why would you think that?

Yeonjun then places his hand on the back of his neck awkwardly then smiles shyly as he looks away.

Yeonjun: Nothing. I just thought... well, since you stood there for a while longer than I thought...

I look at Yeonjun with a confused look then shrug and turn away from him.

Yeonjun: It’s good that you don’t, though.

Suddenly, I feel Yeonjun’s face right beside mine and hear him whisper to my ear.

Yeonjun: That’s because I’m interested in you.

My eyes widen and I freeze.

What the-

Yeonjun then chuckles then pulls back and I quickly step away from him as the line moves forward. I feel awkward as I continue waiting in line with Yeonjun just behind me, but soon enough, I finally reach the end of the line and quickly order my food. As I step away from the line, I suddenly feel Yeonjun grab my arm.

Yeonjun: How ‘bout you? Could you be interested in me?

I stop then look back at Yeonjun with an annoyed look.

Y/N: Why’d you even line up if you weren’t going to buy anything, anyway?

I look at Yeonjun’s empty hands and he shrugs and smiles playfully.

Yeonjun: I just wanted to talk to you. Can’t I do that?

Yeonjun smiles at me and I fully turn to him.

Y/N: I have to say, the “Big Three”, or whatever you call it, sure is full of rude and stuck-up people. And you must be the most stuck-up of them all!

Yeonjun’s expression turns to surprised annoyance and I turn around and leave.

Yeonjun: Y-yah! I just said I’m interested in you! How is that stuck-up?!

I ignore him as I continue walking to my table and meet up with Dahyun who looks at me with a curious look in her eyes as I sit down.

Dahyun: What was that about?