Ch. 31: Passed Out

Still Minhyuk’s POV
Inside the bar

Moonbin and Y/N are kissing. I freeze when I see this, then suddenly breathe a sarcastic laugh.

I knew this would happen. I can’t believe I still raised my hopes.

I then see Moonbin pull away, say something, then just walk away as if nothing happened. I watch him walk towards the others with a confused look.

Hmm? It seems what I thought was wrong.

I then look towards Y/N and suddenly meet eyes with her. Her eyes widen and I sigh then walk towards her unto the balcony.

Your POV

Minhyuk: Having fun so far?

I smile then lean forward on the railings, looking ahead.

Y/N: Not really.

Minhyuk then leans forward on the railings, too.

Minhyuk: That’s what it seemed to me. You’re alone again.

I look towards Minhyuk then smile playfully.

Y/N: Then why’d you even ask?

Minhyuk turns to me and my eyes widen as our eyes meet. He seems serious. Suddenly, he shrugs and looks away.

Minhyuk: It seemed worth trying.

I sigh then face away from the sight then look towards the others. Dahyun is now sleeping with her head resting on Mina’s shoulder and Mina is laughing as Eunwoo tries to make Moonbin drink one glass of alcohol.

Wait, what?

Moonbin seems to be protesting strongly, but Eunwoo is still trying.

Doesn’t Eunwoo know about Moonbin’s weak alcohol tolerance? Why is he still forcing him to drink?

Minhyuk: Yah! Is he crazy?!

Minhyuk quickly runs to the others as Moonbin starts to give in and take the glass from Eunwoo hesitatingly. My eyes widen as I watch Moonbin gulp down the liquor in the glass and drops the glass on the table as Minhyuk reaches them and hits Eunwoo’s shoulder. Eunwoo laughs as he faces Minhyuk who is still scolding him.

Is he drunk?

I then notice Moonbin and I turn to him as he places his hand on his head and closes his eyes tightly, supporting himself with his arm propped up on the table. He then raises his head and shakes it then looks around.

I guess he wasn't exaggerating when he was talking about his alcohol tolerance.

My eyes widen as he seems to start passing out and I quickly run towards him.

Author’s POV

As soon as you reach Moonbin, you hold your hand out and catch his head, stopping him from falling off the chair. You sigh with relief then look at Moonbin with a concerned look. Meanwhile, Minhyuk notices that you’re supporting Moonbin and he stops scolding Eunwoo. Eunwoo, who isn’t drunk at all, turns to
you and Moonbin and a triumphant smile forms on his face. He opens his mouth to speak but Minhyuk speaks up before him.

Minhyuk: I’ll take him to his house.

Eunwoo’s eyes widen and he turns to Minhyuk who approaches you and Moonbin. You turn to Minhyuk and he puts one of Moonbin’s arms around him and helps him stand up. Minhyuk starts to walk out while supporting Moonbin while you watch them go when he suddenly stops.

Minhyuk: You can come if you want.

He then turns and looks at you. Your eyes widen and you nod then quickly take your bag.