Ch. 17: Hidden Sides

Your POV
At the rooftop

Soobin then sits down and leans on the concrete railing and opens his lunchbox. I'm leaning forward on the railing and looking out at the stalls.

Soobin: Aren't you hungry? Can't you stop looking out for a while? I'll feel bad if I'm eating and you're not.

Y/N: Ani. I'm fine.

Soobin: Like I said, this is probably too much for me so we should just share.

Y/N: It's okay. You don't have to worry about me.

Soobin: Yah!

Suddenly, Soobin grabs my hand and pulls me down. My eyes widen when I suddenly find my face really close to his and I can see that his eyes are widened, too. He then lets go of my hand and I look away from him and sit down beside him.

Soobin: Anyway... you shouldn't be starving yourself like that! What if you faint out of hunger?

Y/N: I wasn't planning to starve myself.

Soobin: Prove it then.

I turn to Soobin and suddenly see him smiling playfully while holding out a filled spoon towards me.

Y/N: W-what?!

Soobin: Prove it. If you're not planning to starve yourself, then eat what's on the spoon.

I look at Soobin and he smiles and shrugs. I then sigh then open my mouth and start to move towards the spoon. Suddenly, the door leading to the rooftop opens and Soobin and I turn to it to see Moonbin with wide eyes.

Y/N: M-Moonbin?!

Suddenly, Moonbin walks over to us and pulls me away from Soobin. He then glares at Soobin who closes his lunch box and stands up.

Moonbin: What are you doing?

Soobin: What do you mean? You're the one who just barged in here and caused a scene.

Moonbin's holding my hand and he's keeping me behind him.

Moonbin: You should know when a person's interested in you or not.

My eyes widen and I look up at Moonbin to see him glaring at Soobin. Soobin then smirks and gives Moonbin a killer gaze.

Soobin: And you're supposed to know who she's interested in?

Moonbin: Of course. I know who she's interested in... and it's me.

My eyes widen even more and I can see a surprised look form on Soobin's face. Suddenly, the door leading to the rooftop opens and I see Mina come in.

Mina: Moonbin! There you are! I've been looking all over for you!

Her gaze then shifts to me and I can see a disgusted look in her eyes. I quickly pull my hand away from Moonbin then step away from him. Moonbin turns to me and I smile weakly at him before walking out of the place.

Moonbin: Y/N, wait!

Soobin: Y/N!

Mina glares at me as I pass her by and she sticks out her foot, making me trip. I lose balance for a second, but I quickly regain it then run away.

...

At the school entrance

As I turn the corner, I suddenly bump into someone and I fall back to the ground.

Y/N: Ah!

I look up at the person and feel my eyes widen when I see Minhyuk. His eyes widen, too, when he looks at me.