Ch. 10: Fight Your Fears

Moonbin: You're a really nice person, Y/N. You surprise me a lot with the things you do...

My heart starts pounding and Moonbin looks at me and smiles sweetly.

Moonbin: I'd like it very much if we became friends.

Y/N: H-Huh?

My eyes widen and Moonbin suddenly laughs nervously.

Moonbin: That sounded like a confession, didn't it? Mianhae. I didn't mean to make the situation awkward.

Y/N: A-Ani. It's okay. Of course, we can be friends.

Moonbin's face suddenly lights up as he looks at me.

Moonbin: Jinjja?! Great! I'm glad we could get along.

Y/N: Yeah... sure... So, I'll be going now.

Moonbin: Sure! See you tomorrow!

Moonbin smiles and I quickly turn around and walk home.

...

I quickly jump unto my bed and land face down and scream.

Yah! Lee Y/N, what were you thinking of?! I can't believe I expected a confession from him!

I raise my head then place it on my hands.

But why was I so disappointed when he only asked to be friends?

I groan then starts screaming into my bedsheets again.

Andwae, andwae, andwae! Yah! Don't think like that! Of course he wouldn't confess since we've only known each other for two days!

I then sit up on my bed and hug my pillow.

Y/N: I must be out of my mind. I'm acting like I actually have feelings for him.

I suddenly remember the way Moonbin looked when they were performing and feel my heartbeat quicken.

Y/N: Aish! There it is again!

I then stand up and drop my pillow back unto my bed.

Y/N: Whatever! I have to cook dinner so let's just go to the kitchen and forget about him!

Suddenly, I remember the friend request he sent me during our lunch break and I quickly take out my phone and go to Facebook. I smile when I see his friend request and tap on the "accept" button. I then go to the kitchen while humming the song they performed and prepare my dinner.

...

One week later
Yoongi's POV

It's the day before the festival and we're having our usual practice. Once the music ends, I walk away from my spot to the seats where my bag is. I take out my water bottle and start to drink from it when I suddenly remember Y/N's words in the music room.

"It wouldn't hurt to try."

I finish drinking from my bottle, put the cap back on, then smirk.

She has no idea.

Hoseok: Yo, hyung! What's up! You look deep in thought.

I turn to Hoseok as he places his elbow on my shoulder and hesitate about my question.

Hoseok: What is it? You look like you want to ask something.

I sigh then put my bottle back in my bag.

Yoongi: If I ever started playing the piano... I'd look really lame, wouldn't I?

I breathe a sarcastic laugh and turn back to Hoseok to see him looking at me with a confused look.