Ch. 35: Misunderstanding

Yeonjun’s POV

It was really awkward in the elevator. I was standing right next to Y/N in the elevator and we weren’t talking at all. The fact that we were the only people in there made it even more awkward as I had to endure the silence until we reached the ground floor. When we had reached the ground floor, I almost breathed a sigh of relief as we stepped out and left the building. We’re walking out the doors now, and I can’t help but feel nervous about what I’m about to say. Suddenly, Y/N turns to me while smiling sweetly.

Y/N: So, what did you want to talk about?

I look at Y/N and see her looking expectantly at me.

Should I just tell her? I mean, I can just walk away without telling her anything, but...

I then remember what Soobin told me over the phone.

I don’t even know if I can take his advice... even though I’ve known him for so long.

Y/N: Yeonjun?

Yeonjun: Hmm?

I look at Y/N again, suddenly realizing that I’ve drifted off into my thoughts.

Y/N: You said you were going to tell me something?

A confused look forms on Y/N’s face now, and I breathe in deeply before I turn to her completely.

Yeonjun: Y/N... there’s something I think I need to tell you.

Y/N: Hmm?

Y/N starts to look more confused and I start to regret my words.

Was it too confusing? Should I start over again? Wait, no. I’ll just tell her already. Dang it, Yeonjun, pull yourself together!

Yeonjun: You know I liked you back in high school, right?

I look at Y/N, hoping that she got my idea, but it isn’t really clear when she looks away from me and shrugs.

Y/N: W-well... I did know, but I didn’t think that you were serious…

Suddenly, she looks at me and shakes her hands in a side-to-side manner telling me to not get the wrong idea.

Y/N: I-I mean- It’s not that I never took you seriously. I just-

She looks away again and I notice her hand grabbing onto her arm.

Y/N: You just seemed really carefree back then. I thought you were just messing around with me.

My eyes widen when I hear what she said.

D-did I actually look like I was just messing with her?

Yeonjun: A-actually… My point is… I just wanted to tell you that-

Aish! Why is this so hard?!

I turn away from Y/N for a moment, then breathe in deeply. When I turn back to her, she’s looking at me with concern.

Y/N: Are you okay?

Yeonjun: Sorry about this.

Y/N: Hmm? Sorry about wha-

I quickly place my arms around Y/N and she stops talking as I pull her closer.

Y/N: Y-Yeonjun…

Yeonjun: I like you, Y/N.

There! Finally, I’ve said it!

Yeonjun: I like you a lot… DO you remember the first time we met? When you walked into the classroom and our eyes met?

Y/N doesn’t say anything, but I feel her head move up and down while I’m still holding her close.