Ch. 25: Night Out

5 years later
In your office

It’s been 5 years now and I’ve already graduated and got a job. Things are going fairly well, but I still can’t help but feel lonely every now and then. I’m glad Dahyun is there to help me feel better. I’ve become friends with Mina, too, and we all work at the same place, including Yeonjun. It’s been five years since Moonbin left the country, and I haven’t heard of him since. I also lost contact with the other members of Astro, and even Soobin, after graduating from high school 2 years ago. Suddenly, I hear the door to my office open.

Dahyun: Y/N!

I look up from my desk and see Dahyun sticking her head through the door.

Dahyun: Are you free tonight?

Y/N: Yeah, I guess? What's up?

Dahyun's face then lights up and she enters the office and closes the door behind her.

Dahyun: Great! So, Yeonjun brought up an amazing idea, and I kinda agreed. Guess what it is!

I look at Dahyun with a confused look then shrug.

Y/N: I don't know. An early class reunion?

Dahyun suddenly starts jumping giddily.

Dahyun: Aniyo. It's a blind date! And I'm supposed to bring along two other girls with me. Mind coming along?

Dahyun looks at me with expectancy, her hands clasped below her head.

Y/N: I don't know…

Dahyun: Please…

Y/N: You know I'm not really into those things anymore.

Dahyun: Oh, come on, Y/N. You never know who Yeonjun would invite. Who knows? Maybe he'll invite Moonbin…

My eyes widen when I hear that name and Dahyun smiles playfully.

Dahyun: I knew it. You don't want to come because of him. Y/N! This could be your chance to see him again!

Y/N: But what makes you think Yeonjun will invite someone from Astro?

Dahyun: Don't worry. I'll ask Yeonjun to do that. So? You coming?

I look at Dahyun and sigh.

Y/N: Alright.

Dahyun jumps then smiles brightly.

Dahyun: Great! I'll check on Mina and see if she wants to come. See you later!

Dahyun then runs out of my office and I sigh as I go back to my papers.

"This could be your chance to see him again!"

I drop my papers then think about what Dahyun said.

Could it really be?

...

Later that night

I look towards the meeting place and see Dahyun and Mina at the entrance.

A karaoke bar? Really?

Dahyun then notices me and she starts waving with a big smile on her face. I wave back once then walk up to them.

Dahyun: You look stunning! The boys will definitely fall for you when they see you! Am I right, Mina?

Mina nods and smiles brightly.

Y/N: So this is where we're supposed to meet them?

Dahyun: Yup! Isn't this place cool?