Ch. 24: Accident

Suddenly, Ji Na runs towards me and pushes me down the stairs. I shout as I start to fall back when Moonbin suddenly appears and places his arms around me as we both fall back. I see Ji Na’s eyes widen as Moonbin and I fall down the stairs. I hear a thud when we reach the bottom of the stairs and I look at Moonbin to see that he’s unconcious.

Y/N: M-Moonbin...

His arms are still around me and we’re on the ground and I quickly sit up and shake him to wake him up.

Y/N: W-wake up... please wake up... Moonbin!

Tears are forming in my eyes and Moonbin still won’t wake up. Suddenly, I notice blood on the side of his head where it hit the ground.

Y/N: A-andwae... This is all my fault...

I look around and start shouting for help with tears in my eyes.

Y/N: Someone help! Please! Someone’s injured!

Students arrive at the scene and I suddenly see Dahyun and the rest of Astro running to us with surprised looks on their faces. Eunwoo runs up to us and kneels down.

Y/N: I’m sorry... I’m so sorry...

Eunwoo: Look, Y/N, it’s gonna be okay. This isn’t your fault. Let’s just call an ambulance and everything will be okay.

Soon, an ambulance arrives and takes Moonbin to the hospital and the other members of Astro go along with them. I watch as the ambulance drives away. Tears are streaming down my face and I can’t help but feel responsible for what happened to him. Someone stands beside me and I turn to the person to see Soobin. He places his hand on my shoulder and smiles reassuringly.

Soobin: Don’t worry. He’ll be fine.

...

Your room

This night, Astro didn’t get to perform their special performance and I went home alone again. Moonbin’s in a stable condition at the hospital and I’m thankful for that. But I still can’t help but think that if I had just found him sooner, maybe things would have played out differently. I’m sitting on my bed and leaning on the wall, looking at my phone and waiting for something... a call or maybe a message from someone to make me feel better. Suddenly, my phone turns on and I hear the notification sound. I
check the message and see that it’s from Dahyun.

Dahyun:
Hey Y/N! How’re you feeling?

Not good, really.

That thought enters my mind but I don’t reply to Dahyun’s message. Suddenly, I receive another message from her.

Dahyun:
Look, you don’t have to feel bad for what happened. It’s not your fault that Moonbin got hurt.

Is it really?

Dahyun:
I heard Ji Na was the one who pushed you off the stairs. You should know it’s her fault, not yours.

If it’s not my fault, then why do I feel so bad?

Dahyun:
You can reply anytime you feel like it.

Dahyun:
Just, at least, give me a sign that you’re there.

I sigh as I read Dahyun’s last message and a tear suddenly falls from my eye and unto my phone. I wipe away the tear and type my reply.

Y/N:
I’m here.

Dahyun:
I’m glad you are.

Dahyun:
Look, if you feel like it, we can visit Moonbin at the hospital tomorrow...