Chapter Four

Not wanting to be questioned like the last time, she kept away from the gym as much as possible. The coward's way out. Kiyoko decided not to question this sudden action for she knows this girl is one of the stubborn bunch. Although still friends with Hinata and Kageyama, and greets the other members when their paths cross, carrying the heavy feeling knowing she missed the feeling of being on the court. Or atleast watching others play on it.

       But if she wanted to keep a low profile, then showing off in such will do her no good. Its been a month and she still thinks she could get involved in such. Walking towards the vending machine that provides her usual chocolate milk, she recognised the raven haired first year also getting his drink out.

"Heyy Kageyama" she made her way towards him, giving the boy a partial hug on the side which made him flustered by her actions. Although they grew a little close, he was just like that around her. He gave her a small smile as she got her milk and they both drank in comfortable silence.

       Katsumi looked at him, as he was struggling to find the words out of his mouth. So she started the conversation.

"Kageyama, you know everytime I look at you it's like I've known you before. Especially your eyes, they're very familiar. I just can't remember." She said and shrugged. It was true, she tried to recall where did she meet him but it was blurry that she thought that it might was been a dream. So although it bothered her she didn't make it such a big deal.

"I do." Suprised at his words she snapped her head in his direction giving him a questioning look. Shock evident in her face.

"Huh? So we have met before? You knew and didn't mention it? Seriously, it bothered me a lot you know."  She gave him a nudge on the side with a teasing grin.

       He sipped from his drink before answering.
"Well I wasn't sure it was you since you changed a lot."

       Did she change? Giving it a few seconds to sink in, she realized she did change so much before arriving here at Karasuno. She grew a few good inches taller, her beautiful shinning locks of hair grew to her waist, puberty hit her body hard and she learned to take care of herself. In addition, her hair that was once mostly dark raven lightened a bit, taking a shade of very dark blue and the opposite of Kohana, silver strands became more visible like they were highlights. (And yes people found it very weird that their hair took color that way but got used to it after some time.)

       She looked at him, raised her finger, opened her mouth and was about to speak when he gave her a small but genuine smile. Seeing this, she shut her mouth,  because that was all she needed. To remember where she met those eyes before.

       "Kiyoko-san, I'll be back I need to use the washroom." A beautiful young girl with an irresistible aura said, tugging on her elder sister's jacket. How could anyone ignore a face like that? Once the older female pat her head and gave her a nod, the girl left the stands where they were watching volleyball matches from random middle schoolers like her in Miyagi. She asked her sister if they could watch people play volleyball instead of her playing herself for a change. She was deciding if she wanted to transfer there and live with her older sister seeing that life could be more simple, unlike in Tokyo. She loved volleyball and she only found out that her sister was the manager of the volleyball club at her school. She was mostly excited at the fact that their school played at nationals once.

       She loved the feeling of playing so much she wanted the game to love her too. And so over the years it did. She managed to climb her way up and was made the top ace of her age by the time she left middle school. Her family was so proud of her as she followed the foot steps of her father and elder brother, who played for Japan. Even though they played baseball and she only liked volleyball.  But for someone to receive that much attention and expectations at a young age, her skills were always put to the test. She also got a lot of opportunities by her family's sport reputation but she declined those since she wanted to earn her spot. They didn't even know she played volleyball and not baseball until she played her way to the top. Shocking the press. She was playing for herself. And no one else. Everything was going smoothly, until 'the incident'.