Chapter Twelve

"Wanna bet?" She placed her arm on one side of her little sister's shoulder.

"Easy." The male libero infront of them remarked.

"Well good luck to you, Nishinoya-san." Kohana's bright silver eyes shone with pride as she said this.

"Yeah, cause you're gonna need it." Katsumi teased as she left the two challenging each other. They wanted to know who could recieve the her serve better, since the task was quite formidable.

First up was the said libero, stationed at the other side of the net from Katsumi. She was spinning the ball in her hands, getting ready to serve.

"Yeah give him the hell serve, Katsumi-chan!!" Hinata cheered from the sidelines.

She laughed as she shook her head to the side, finding the name still funny. Then she tossed the ball into the air, her timing and jump just right, as she hit the object with all her might.

The ball rapidly passed the net, an inch from being stopped by it. It smashed on the floor just before the player could react. She grinned, pride evident on her face. But much to everyone's suprise, so did the libero.

"Again!" Nishinoya shouted.

.

The results are as follow. Nishinoya received the ball three times out of ten while Kohana recieved it five times.

"How did she-..?" Yamaguchi's words trailed as they came closer.

"I literally grew up with her and had more time to prepare myself." Kohana said as she gladly accepted water given to her.

"But you were still amazing Noya-san." She added after she drank.

"Yeah, you did great." Katsumi smiled as she placed her hand on the seniors back. Smiling down at him since there was a 10cm difference between their height.

She walked to Kiyoko, and Kohana followed. The three of them started talking (Kohana doing most of it). Without their knowledge, the team exchanged smiles as they admired the presence of the three beauties, before Hinata spoke up.

"Shimizu-sans, why is Kohana the only one with white hair? Are those like, the ageing kind?"

...

*SMACK

"HINATA BOKE!!" Kageyama exclaimed as Hinata rubbed the back of his head.

Kohana loudly laughed before she faced them. Placing her hands on her hips

"No, I got it from our dad's side. Our brother's hair is also white. Oh- wait i have a picture." She instantly took out her phone and showed them.

On the screen was indeed a family picture. There was a tall man with muscular build in the middle. He had straight, short, white hair but his face looked gentle and kind. Smiling while lovingly looking at the woman on his right. She was very beautiful, no doubt. Her figure was petite and she was grinning widely, her eyes closed, her white teeth showing as she clung onto the man's arm. Her height seemed average but next to her husband she looked really short. Her dark bluish wavy medium length hair falling to her shoulders. On the man's left was another tall male, maybe at his early twenties since he looked mature but mischievous at the same time. He had messy, wavy white hair. His eyes were bright silver, like his father. He was wearing a neutral expression, his eyes on the camera and his looks were to die for.

Then three angels sitting infront of them. On the middle was a gorgeous raven haired female with glasses. She had a small gentle smile on her lips as she looked at the camera. On her right, a girl with stunning features smiled. Her eyes were like the ones from her sister, but hers more bright and mesmerizing since she wore no glasses and she had visibly long lashes. Her smile was pure, but like her brother she had a sly look on her eyes. Her hair was wavy like her mothers, it was long and reached her waist. And because of the light it shone beautifully. Lastly, the girl below her brother. She had straight, short white hair that stopped just above her shoulders. Her smile was like their mother's, wide and pure. She was trying to hug both of her sisters- while looking straight at the camera.

Everybody looked happy. Katsumi smiled at the memory of the photo about a year ago. Taken when Kiyoko spent the summer in Tokyo with her family.

"No wonder. Pretty runs in the family." Sugawara complimented. Receiving a few agreeing nods from the rest.

"You still look beautiful as ever Kiyoko-san." Tanaka-san's words only got ignored by the female.

"Damn are we lucky to have the most good looking girls in school here with us." Nishinoya said. A hand on his heart dramatically.

.

Everyone did some last minute practice before going home, since it was getting late. The three girls were leaving early, as they already slid past the door. Seeing this, Sugawara called out.

"Shimizu- Daichi said he was going to treat us to Nikuman. Would you like to come..?" He tiled his head as he waited for an answer.

"Sorry we have something to do.." Kiyoko answered politely.

"Oh- take care then."

"Take care."

t i m e s k i p

It was now the day before interhigh preliminaries. Coach Ukai just finished his words, lastly telling the team to properly rest up.

Daichi took a step forward and said, " Okay! Then that's all for to-" before he could finish he was interrupted by Takeda Sensei who was waiving his arms around as he spoke.

"Hold on a moment! I think there's still one more person who wants to say something!"

The team gave him questioning looks so he instatly added "Take it away Shimizu-san." Before smiling at the manager.

The boys immediately showed shock on their faces. This coming out unexpected.  Waiting expectantly for what's going to happen next.

"I'm not.. all that good.. with-.. with words of encouragement so.." she quickly fumbled through a large bag on the floor before turning to Katsumi and nodding.

They climbed the ladder, cautiously carrying something. They exchanged looks as they revealed a black banner, with the word 'fly' written in white.

Their eyes went wide.

"Who'd have thought we had such a thing?" Sugawara exclaimed excitedly.

"I found it while cleaning, so I got Katsumi to help me fix it up." Katsumi grinned down on them as Kiyoko mentioned her.

Tanaka and Nisinoya started screaming words until Daichi silenced them. Saying that he believes the girl isn't done yet. Making everyone turn their attention back to Kiyoko.

"But.." everyone was hanging on her next words.

"Do your best." And with that she ran down the stairs, a faint blush on her cheeks. Her sister stifling her laughter as she followed.

The third years and second years were silent, then splash. Tears shot out of their eyes. They started crying and blurting out random stuff. Shocking Katsumi, Hinata, Kageyama, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima.

After a few moments they still haven't stop, starting to get even more hype. The rest getting uneasy.

Katsumi turned around spotting two boys by the door, muttering something out of earshot. What she didn't know was they were cursing the volleyball club for having female managers, which would have been a laugh.

They calmed down a little, then they started cheering and saying they'd win tomorrow, making Katsumi smile. 'They're too precious.' She thought as she watched everyone.

She turned around and faced Tsukishima, towering over her. She looked up at him, she was about to walk away when she decided to say something.

"I know you think this is just a club, but I'm hoping I'll see you with more spirit on the court tomorrow." She smiled.