Chapter Eleven

They had two weeks left before preliminaries. The team's been working really hard, arriving at practice early and going home late. A little bit too much in Kageyama and Hinata's part. Even Coach Ukai adjusted his schedule in harvesting stuff in the early morning so he could skip his duty at the store until evening, which the team's really grateful for.

Today was no different, it was a Saturday and everyone decided to use this time to their advantage.

The early morning walk to school was like any other. Sugawara's house was right around the corner where Daichi passed.
He just came out of his front door when he turned around and spotted the brown haired captain. They exchanged 'good morning's and walked together. Meeting Asahi and Nishinoya on the way to school. Most of these boys lived close by, not in the need to take the train. As they entered school grounds Tanaka came running from behind, standing besides Noya and greeting everyone with a ridiculous amount if energy.

School was still empty since it was a little too early for the students' liking. With the exemption of this certain volleyball club.

The doors of the gym were open as they neared it. The faint sound of shoes squeaking and the ball being smashed on the floor quite audible. They were greeted with the sight of an already sweaty Hinata, practicing alone.

The group entered the gym, a little silent at the process since it was too early. Already inside, two figures sitting on the floor on the side of the net, leaning on the wall were now visible.

"Good Morning Hinata" Sugawara waved his hand as he walked past him.

As he and the rest got closer, they could make out Kageyama, focused on filing his nails and besides him, a girl in a familiar cream sweater that was a bit too large for her. (Guessing it was Kageyama's) She was wearing glasses and her hair was tied in a messy bun, strands framing her face perfectly as she read in peace.

Now only a small distance away, the light hit her glossy, dark bluish hair, making a few light streaks to reveal a faint, slight tint of grey that looked like highlights. She looked up, showing her alluring, glassy blue orbs.

They recognized those instantly.

"Katsumi-chan?" Asahi tilted his head. She looked so different from the angle earlier and the glasses she wore, she even kind of looked like Kiyoko, but different. They were a bit alike when it came to looks, like their blue eyes and bluish hair, but they were still so different. Kiyoko's beauty was simple, radiant and angelic. She seemed to be glowing, her hair straight and medium length(Like Kohana's). Katsumi's was captivating, like a magnet. Her features were more expressive and fascinating as she smiles, winks, laughs, etc., radiating a positive(sometimes sly) aura. She had wavy waist-length hair that bewitched people in a heartbeat. In summarization, the Shimizu's are a mesmerizing sight.

"Good Morning Suga-senpai" She flashed her famous warm smile at me before addressing the rest and greeting them too.

"Katsumi-san! I didn't know you wore glasses. You still look stunning though." Noya muttered with a dreamy look on his face.

She blushed and closed her book.

"Uh, thanks Noya-san. I was on my phone all night wearing these since they're just for anti-radiation purposes. Sometimes, I also wear them while reading." She explained softly, putting the said glasses back in it's case and into her bag.

She stood up and stretched out her arms, yawning at the process. As her hands fell to her side the sweater did too. Now almost like an off shoulder since it rested on the end of her collarbone precisely. She was wearing a black tank top, its staps visible  and black shorts that were now covered by the sweater.

She walked to the corner to stretch. Kageyama following behind her. She's been playing with them for a while now, and it's the most fun she had since she moved in Miyagi. She was still sleepy since she really was on her phone til late. Then she remembered a video she also watched, several ways how to stretch better. Having the body that she has, she was able to apply this instantly. 'This feels brilliant' She thought as her flexible build expanded.

"Are you human?" She snapped her head towards Kageyama who was staring at her in amazement.

"Of course I am, idiot." She chuckled and shook her head before yawning once more. She flinched as he suddenly stood up and grab something from his bag, pulling out two milk cartons, one of them in particular was brown.

"Is.. is that?" She pointed at the chocolate milk in his hand.

"Yes. Now drink." She immediately obliged. She poked the straw into the box and took a sip.

"Mmhm, thank youu." She smiled as he offered her a hand to help her stand up. He patted her head and made his way towards Hinata.

The doors slid open to reveal Kiyoko and Kohana who had a grin etched across her face.

"Katsumi-san! Did you eat breakfast yet? I brought your brownies!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"Brownies?!" Hinata screamed from the other side of the court, now sprinting towards us.

"Oh yeah, I made brownies for you guys yesterday but I forgot to bring it with me. Thanks." I took the bag from her outstretched hands and offered them to Hinata and the rest, as Tsukishima, Yamaguchi and the rest of the second years arrived. Completing the set.

"Mm.. this-..this is really good Katsumi-chan. I didn't think you were into these kind of stuff." Yams commented as he kept taking bites.

"Yeah mom made us study culinary arts for a while since she said we needed to learn, but I was never as good as her and Kiyoko-san." Kohana replied, pushing her grey-white hair out of the way.

"House wife material." Tanaka exclaimed as  cupid's arrow struck him right at the chest, making him stumble back. Hearts in his eyes and all.

The rest could only shake their head at his usual behavior.

Her gaze landed on the tall blonde now standing besides her. He looked down on her and gave her and raised his brow, as if questioning her.

She didn't realize she was staring, so once she did a furious blush appeared on her face. She shook her head before she jerked it towards the half eaten brownie on his hand.

"How is it?" She mentally face palmed.

"It's good. I never thought you'd be any good outside the court, chibi-chan." He smirked before finishing it off. She narrowed her eyes dangerously but didn't give him a response. He teases her often but his words towards her were never harsh insults compared to the rest.

"What? Cat got your tongue?"

"Shut up, I'm visualizing duck tape over your mouth."

And with that she playfully grinned but before she could skip away he grabbed her risk and pulled her back, making her look at him once more. For a second, the lighting was perfect for her to catch a glimpse of his eyes. They were like deep pools of honey, she thought.

"I think I'd prefer something else against my mouth." A seductive glint in those honey pools pulled her out of the trance.

Her face inched closer to his, much to his suprise. She moved closer, their noses a centimeter apart, this was so not the reaction he expected as he was now frozen in place. Until she tiled to one side the last millisecond and whispered in his ear, "Too bad I don't share the same preference, love." He felt goosebumps as her breath tickled.

She pulled back and winked at him, she stiffled a laugh at his now crimson red face, completely baffled. But as soon as she turned around and walked a safe distance from him, she let out a deep breath she didn't know she was holding. She shook her head and gathered herself.

'What on earth is happening to me?'