Chapter Nine

Katsumi's Pov

The team was even more pumped up once we got back, and Coack Ukai announced that the preliminaries were a month away, making the team more determined to put their all into practice.

I really do agree with Coach Nekomata when he said this team had so much potential. They really do, and I'm glad I could be a small part of it.

As practice ended and I was picking up the used balls, The second years were gathered around some sort of sports magazine. My eyes widened as I bended over and tried peeking at the cover. I breathed a sigh of relief, glad to not have exposed myself. I was about to continue picking up balls when Hinata and Kageyama came closer, Tanaka frantically getting worked up about how some Ushiwaka from Shiratorizowa made top three most national noticable players of the year. Oh and top one in this prefecture too. 'Impressive, he must be really good' I thought.

"Shiratorizowa's that school Kageyama couldn't get into!" Hinata burst out.

"Shut up!" Kagyema angrily responded making Yams, Tsukishima and me stifle our laughs.

I was shaking my head as the others made fun of Kageyama impersonating him that if got in,  he would probably boss someone like Ushiwaka around and say stuff like 'Move faster, you clumsy bastard!'. Causing me to burst into fits. They kept mocking and teasing until Nishinoya dropped the magazine. Picking it up, he accidentally opened the last page. Oh, and there it was. What I dreaded the most. I wanted to snatch it from his grip but they already saw, eyes widening at the process.

It was a picture of me in my old skyblue and black jersey the exact moment where I was spiking the ball with so much power at the precise moment. The angle emphasizing my features, my hair glistening in the bright light,my knees where bent upward so my whole body was above the net. What a sight to behold. In a moment flashbacks flashed before me. I was stunned. This was definitely not how I expected them to know.

"Katsumi-chan, is that? Is that you?" Tanaka-san finally pointed it out.

I couldn't get anything out of my mouth so I swallowed and took a deep breath. Slowly nodding. I didn't notice it but Kageyama was now standing protectively infront of me, shielding me from their gaze. I was so thankful I had him. I burried my face in his uniform before facing them once more. The rest was now crowded around us, Kiyoko-san giving me a small smile when I looked at her concerned face. With this I took a step forward, and answered again, "How could I even deny the obvious?" I gave them a genuine smile, even though my worry was evident in my face. I really do love this team, and so I hope they'd understand.

"How- but- why? Why didn't you say anything?" Hinata cautiously asked.

"Uhm? Because you didn't ask?" I chuckled trying to lighten them up.

"So hold on, you used to be super famous, it even says here you were the number one ace in the girl's league about a year ago, you're like incredible at the game, and what else am I missing? Oh right, you're Kashizu the Power Fury, and you didn't mention anything? Anything at all?" Sugawara-senpai said.

"Well it sounds too good if you say it like that." I gave him a look and he just shook his head and muttered "unbelievable".

"I knew it! I knew you were familiar! The first time Daichi-san introduced you to us I knew I saw you somewhere!" Ennoshita suddenly spouted. Now that he mentioned it, I did recall him staring that day, I guess now I know why.

"You!" Hinata pointed a finger at me "You had a nicknamee?! That's so cool!" His eyes were glimmering as they looked into mine. I couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness. He was just an innocent, bright ball of sunshine.