Chapter Thirteen

What the heck is a writer's block? I'm literally typing what comes out of my bloody mind, not thinking stuff through.
Oh and I finally decided who she'd end up with. I'll start making each chapter count and speed things up a bit, but not too much tho (;

.

Everyone loaded out the bus as they arrived at the Sendai City Gymnasium. The group was walking towards the entrace when two volleyball players from a different team were talking, one of them saying 'fallen champions' and 'flightless crows' just as the group passed, making them halt in their tracks. The other one immediately noticed their presence and quickly told off his friend, just as Tanaka tried to start a fight, earning himself a scolding from the captain.

They entered and made their way, passing by as Katsumi tried her best to stifle her laughter at the situation. They over heard rumors about how Asahi did some weird stuff and was actually an adult, shattering the senior's glass heart. Her soft chuckles stopped when she noticed players gesturing to her and Kiyoko, instantly blushing as she thought there was something wrong with her face.

She flinched as Nishinoya and Tanaka pulled her closer to Kiyoko and started circling them defensively, baring sharp fangs and making scary and weird animal noises.

"Stop that." Kiyiko hit the back of their heads with her notebook, but they only reacted with dreamy looks on their faces. Katsumi shook her head and kept walking, now hearing people recognize Nishinoya and Kageyama from their reputations. She immediately hid herself behind a taller figure near her, not minding who it was. Unaware that her small action made the blonde blush slightly.

Moving on they encountered a little scene with Dateko, but Katsumi didn't hear what they were saying since she was looking for her notebook. She mentally cursed herself since she just noticed now that her bag has been open all this time.

She retraced her steps, looking back now and then so she wouldn't lose sight of the team. There was just too many people and she was not familiar with the building. She kept walking and soon found it laying on the floor a few distance infront of her. She squeezed her way past the crowd easily, but before she could bend over to pick it up, someone beat her to it. She went unnoticed by the tall male, wearing a green jacket who was now checking if it had a name.

She tapped his shoulders, making him turn to her, his eyes slightly widening as he took in the sight before him.

'Goddess' was the only thing on his mind. He stared at her for a few seconds, before her gentle voice pulled him back to reality.

"I dropped that, it's mine. Thank you for picking it up." The 'godess' said as she smiled up at him, stretching out her hand for the material.

He placed it on her open palm before replying.

"Oh, here-.. here you go, miss." He stuttered.

"I'm only a first year so.." she chuckled. Realizing she had to go, she bid him goodbye and was about to turn around when he suddenly gripped her wrist.

"I- I'm Arata. Second year. Can I get your number or something?" He knew it was too fast but there was no chance of him seeing her again. So he just had to.

"Uh- you're hurting me." Katsumi said. It was true, he didn't realize how tight his grip was. But before he could apologize, his hand was pushed forcefully to the side, making him let go.

"She said she's hurt." Katsumi didn't know how it happened but Tsukishima was now standing protectively infront of her. He was taller than the second year and he gave off an intimidating aura, his cold glare not faltering. Although she kinda expected it to be Kageyama since he was always the one who was with her in these kinds of situations, she was still grateful.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to." He genuinely apologized as he waved his hands infront of him frantically.

"Let's go, Katsumi." She was able to mumble a soft 'it's okay', enough for him to hear,  before she was dragged by Tsukishima through the crowd.

"Daichi wondered where you were and what took so long. If he wasn't hurting you then I would have thought you were flirting." That was one of those moments where Tsukishima said more than one short statement. Katsumi thought she heard a hint of jealousy, but thought that was absurd.

"I'm sorry, I lost my notebook.. but you know-.. you could have been a little less harsh on him."

"Tch." was all he said as they reached the others who was changing into their jerseys. He let go of her hand before turning away when he felt a tug on his shirt.

"Tsukishima, I-.. thank you" He looked down on her, his ears went pink but she didn't notice. He gave her a nod before walking away.

He felt a funny feeling in his stomach like last time. He wasn't oblivious to what these were and he knew he can't keep denying it.

As Katsumi apologized to Daichi and Kiyoko, her sister only waved her off. Unexpectedly  the response she got from the captain was,

"What? I didn't even know you were gone." He scratched the back of his neck in confusion. But he wasn't the only one confused. Katsumi also pondered, then stared at the blonde who was getting ready for the match, a few distance from her.

.

Short chapterr~~ d: