Chapter Thirty-three

GUYS, I APOLOGIZE.

~some of the chapters told u they use the train to get home which is stupid since they're in Miyagi and not Tokyo. Those were supposed to be bus stops/station.

~Katsumi and Kohana had been calling Kiyoko, Kiyoko-san instead of Kiyoko-nee and I have YeshaCoreen to thank for that.

.

"Good job on day one!" Takeda-sensei told the group of boys who gathered and were sat on the floor, infront of him and the coach.

"Thanks!" The boys chanted, proud smiles plastered on their faces.

They were just back from the city gymnasium, arriving back at school exhausted.

"If you win tomorrow, you'll play two consecutive matches. Try not to wear yourself out, okay?" Sensei recived several nods before the coach started talking about preparations for tomorrow.

There wasn't much to do for the managers, so Katsumi, Kiyoko and Yachi were allowed to go if they wanted to, but Katsumi had other plans. She told her sister to go on without her, and Kiyoko, who already suspected something, didn't question any further. She waved her sister and her friend good bye before they disappeared from sight.

"Karasuno.. Fight!"

"Ossu!" Katsumi, who was leaning by the door smiled as the boys disbanded before gathering their stuff and started leaving.

Tsukishima and the girl caught each others gaze, a soft smile placed itself on Katsumi's lips before gesturing for the blonde with her head.

She knew they weren't a thing yet, but neither of them hesitated whenever it comes to things they already did before the 'incident'.

.

She was once more caught staring at the sky which was a beautiful mixture of blue, pink and orange. Little did she know, she was the one being stared at by the male beside her.

Looking to his direction, Tsukishima quickly averted his eyes in time for the girl to not notice.

"Kei?"

"Mm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"You already are." The blond stated bluntly, making Katsumi narrow her eyes at him. He found it cute every time she was easily annoyed like that.

"Tell me if I'm wrong.. but I noticed a difference when you played today, compared to how you played before." Katsumi asked, her gaze at the color changing sky.

Tsukishima furrowed his brows in confusion even though he had a clue on what she was letting on.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You look like your actually eager to reach something this time. It's like, your morale is boosted in some way." She said as she stared back into his honey pools.

"Maybe it's something that happened, or something I ate." He said as his eyebrows rose suggestively.

Katsumi's face slowly turned into a blushing mess as she realized what he said.

She knew if she pressed on further she won't be able to suppress everything that was going on inside, so she just stared at the road ahead.

Soon, she was able to spot the bus station from afar and they were also nearing the crossing where they'll separate.

"Wh-whatever.." she stuttered as she avoided eye contact, well assured that the blonde had the famous smirk on his face.

"Well, this is it.. Good night Tsukishima Kei." She said as she looked up at the tall male, both of them halting in their tracks.

"Make sure you play tomorrow like how you played today." She smiled. Tsukishima had a tint of pink on his cheeks. He liked, but also hated how the girl infront of him could make him like this. He decided to get pay back.

"Then how about I get another kiss for tomorrow's performance..?" He said, leaning down so his face was only a few inches from hers.

He got the result he wanted when she blushed for the second time, opening her mouth to say something but closing it again. His smirk grew wider as he was about to pull back when Katsumi leaned in as well.

She leaned even closer until there was only a mere centimeter between they're faces. To say that Tsukishima was shocked was an understatement. His eyes grew wide, but processing what was about to happen, he had no complaints.

Katsumi looked at his lips before parting hers. Then she spoke.

"Nice try."

She copied his smirk before pulling away. Tsukishima was left dumbfounded for a second, before he glared at the girl who was trying her best to stiffle her laughter.

"I'll get you for that." The blonde said.

"Mhm.. maybe you will maybe you won't." She winked at him before shifting her bag and turning around. He stood there shaking his head as he watched her walk away with a skip in her step.

"Damn that woman." He muttered before turning towards the direction of his house.

Due to their little scene, Tsukishima forgot about the growing jealousy he felt, but remembered it once more when he reached his destination.

.

Miyagi Prefecture Spring High Prelimiaries Day 2

Cheers could be heard from the audience who has yet to see the game as the captains shook hands.

"Let's have a good game."

Katsumi's Pov

"Hello!" was what Yachi had said that made me turn towards her direction. She was right beside me so I easily heard her through all the noise, especially the yells of a certain family supporting one of the players from the opponent's team.

Kei was right when he said they looked ridiculous.

Apparently, Shimada-san just arrived and we exchanged greetings before he explained where Takinoue-san was.

"Hello!" I looked at Yachi who said the same thing, but this time, she was looking behind me.

I turned towards a blonde woman, recognizing her as Tanaka-san's elder sister from before.

"Hello." I smiled as she stood by us.

"Thanks for always looking after Ryunosuke! I'm his big sister, Saeko!" She exclaimed, posing with her hand saluting and making a kissy face. She turned towards the court before flailing her hands around and screaming.

"Ryu! Ryu-chan!!"

I giggled as Tanaka-san looked shock before it turned to embarrassment, while Noya-san on the other hand waved back and looked enthusiastic about seeing the elder Tanaka.

I turned my head towards Yachi and my eyebrows shot up. She was patting the empty space where her breasts were supposed to be, looking unnerved as she stared at Saeko-san's.

I akwardly patted her back, making her turn towards mine and her face started twitching.

I placed both hands on either side of her shoulders and faced her towards the court, not knowing what else to do. Yachi was really pretty, but I noticed that it seems like her body hasn't gone through puberty yet, especially since her height is 1.49cm which is a 20cm difference from mine.

*tweeeeet*

I bit my lip in anticipation, as the game was about to begin.