Chapter Fifty

Letting out a sigh, Katsumi put down her phone on the bedside table and threw herself on the bed.

It's been two weeks since Tsukishima last sent her a message. She didn't know what she did wrong, so she would assume it was because of the inaccurate date as to when she'll be seeing him again. Oh but she will, she doesn't wanna tranfer out in the middle of the school year. In fact, she'll be spending her summer vacation with all the schoolwork that she missed.

She never had experience with relationships as well, so she had no idea what to say or how to act with him ignoring her. She just hoped he was mature enough to understand that their current situation was only temporary, and that he didn't lose interest in her while she was away.

Deciding to distract herself from these thoughts, she stood up and walked towards her bookshelf. Instantly finding a book that caught her attention, she pulled it out, sat down, and started reading. In hopes that Kohana's developing relationship was at a much better spot.

.

Meanwhile at the Haiba residence...

"Kohana you're here!!"

Kohana's mouth went agape as she stared at the girl in front on her. No not girl, woman. A stunning woman who was five years older than her, give or take.

Thinking that she was probably Alisa, Lev's older sister whom he mentioned once or twice. He also mentioned how the girl had the looks, but apparently that was an understatement. Alisa, noticing her suprised face, pinched the younger girl's cheek.

"You're adorable! I can call you by your first name, right?" She smiled.

Kohana's expression turned to awe, still admiring the other girl's features.

'So.. pretty..' she thought.

"Y-yes.. how- how do you know Haiba-san?" She asked. Mentally slapping herself for stuttering and too nervous.

"Oh I don't mind being called Alisa-nee since I'll be calling you by your name. And of course I'd know the reason why my brother keeps smiling on his phone a lot.. not that he's even trying to hide his little crush on you."

Kohana? Instant tomato. Alisa raised a hand over her mouth as she chuckled at Kohana's reaction. She looked suprised in some way, but the older girl was so sure she already knew. Guess she was wrong. Kohana was dense, like super dense.

"Anyway, it's a good thing Katsumi managed to get you to come here. I couldn't have gotten Lyovochka to invite you."

"Huh? Hold on a sec.. you- you're the one who invited me? Through my sister?"

After she processed Lev's nickname, she looked at Alisa inquiringly. She's guessing these two didn't even know each other, and yet decided to meddle into their siblings bussiness and plan out a dinner that could have gone totally wrong. It wasn't properly thought out after all,  having so many flaws.

"I-"

Alisa didn't get the chance to finish what she was saying when door opened behind them. Since the two started their conversation the moment Kohana entered, they weren't far from the front door.

"Alisa darling, has our guest arrived yet- I hope we're not late, traffic is-"  The woman that had entered instantly stopped talking at the sight of Alisa who smiled at her, and Kohana who looked calm, but was already a nervous wreck on the inside.

"No one told me we were having guests-.." Another voice trailed off.

Lev, who followed just behind his
mother took in the sight before him. He squinted his eyes before they grew wide, no later than a second.

"Kohana-chan..?!"

"Uhm.. Hi Lev.."

.

Ever since Lev arrived, she had been much more at ease. Who knew his familiar presence and energetic personality could affect her so much.

Also, Katsumi was right. Upclose, Mrs. Haiba was a little taller than average, but this was nothing compared to her foreign husband. Mr. Haiba was literally over two meters, Russian and all. They could devour her in a heart beat. He understood Japanese but spoke in English saying he still wasn't fluent. Kohana had no trouble with understanding him though, learning English herself at such a young age.

There was actually no reason for her to act nervous because the Haiba's were very friendly. Lev's father cracked jokes from time to time, his mother insisted that Kohana should eat more, and Alisa talked to her about going shopping one day.

Of course, she kept exchanging smiles with the boy next to her. He was just as suprised as she was when he found out how this happened from Alisa. He also made sure not to waste a single second in talking to Kohana. He kept blushing every now and then, but Kohana seemed to not notice this and his family pretended not to see.

Dinner was great, to say for everyone except Lev who wanted to be swallowed by the earth due to embarrassment caused by his family. But everytime Kohana laughed at this, he instantly forgets, no longer minding at all.

"Thank you for inviting me. Thank you for tonight. I had the best time." She gave them a wide, close-eyed smile.

Her eyes shot open when Mrs. Haiba pinched her cheek just like how Alisa did.

"Awww.. you're adorable. What a lovely lady, our son is so lucky!"

"M-MOM!!"

Everyone laughed, even Kohana, at Lev's bright red state. She really did like this boy, but thought that since they don't often see each other, it would just be one of those crushes that you'll learn to move on from. She was wrong, and being here, spending time with him and his family is a huge step for her.

"Can I-.. Can I take Kohana outside? Just the two of us?" Lev rubbed the back of his neck, his face still tinted red. "Wait that sounded less embarrassing inside my head."

"Sure. Take your time.." Mrs. Haiba smiled teasingly.

"One last thing, what's going on between the two of you?" She questioned. Alisa let out a small squeal and apologized afterwards.

Kohana and Lev's eyes went wide as they exchanged glances, before turning red once more and avoided each other's eyes.

They heard a chuckle coming from the woman before she gestured for them to go along, and left.

The towering male was the first to break the silence by coughing, making Kohana turn to him.

"There's a park nearby, wanna get some fresh air?" He smiled nervously as he offered her his hand.

Taking it, she managed a nod before she was pulled outside into the night by Lev.