Chapter Ten

So I still wanna keep writing cause I'm literally just bored this quarantine although the views are getting lesser and lesser but if you're still here then I appreciate you reading this so much and I just wanna say thanks❤ As long as there's still atleast one person reading then I will finish this ;)

Katsumi's Pov

I lifted my head, looking up to see everyone staring at me. Some of their jaws dropped, some unsure how to react, some looked like they were in awe, but all in all you could basically say they were suprised. I don't think anyone was prepared to hear something that unexpected.

I'm positively sure no harm was done. I mean, what could possibly go wrong with the team knowing, right? It's not like there'd be a swarm of paparazzi at this gym same time tomorrow all the way from Tokyo.

I also didn't realize it sooner but we were all sitting crossed leg in a circular formation on the gym floors. They actually hung on to everyword. I slowly turned my head to my side to see Kageyama and Kiyoko, the only ones unbaffled. My shoulders relaxed a bit as Kageyama gave me a comforting nod. Such simple gesture from him made me a little at ease. I leaned my head on Kageyama's shoulder. He might look far from being friendly but he was one of the greatest friend she could ask for. In addition, he was easy to read and a very good listener.

After a minute or two, they finally responded. Nishinoya-san jolted up in his seat and waved his hands like crazy.

"All this time we've been in the presence of a celebrity! And she even gave me water! Thrice!" He practically screamed, eyes wide,  raising his hand holding three fingers up.

Sugawara-senpai then tried to hush him down but failed. Narita's eyes suddenly widened as he recalled what I said.

"YOU'RE RELATED TO THE CANNONADE? AND HIS SON WHOSE THE OWNER OF THE BLAZING BAT?! I MEAN- YOU GUYS ARE HIS DAUGHTERS! THEY'RE LIKE SUPER FAMOUS AND SUPER RICH!" I've never witnessed him scream like this before, sure there were moments when he was a crackhead  but he was usually chill most of the time.

I didn't know how to respond so I just gave him a nervous chuckle and scratched the back of my head. "Correction, our parents are. Also that's part of the reason why we moved out. We want to work our way up."

"Wait who?" Daichi-senpai asked, still minding Narita's statement.

"They're famous baseball players. The Cannonade played for Japan before retiring a few years back. His throws were really powerful and his son is the youngest player to ever join the national team. Invited at the age of twenty last year. His first shot on camera was when he hit his bat too hard it set it on fire and they had to pause the game to put the fire out!" Kinoshita, guessing he was also a fan of the sport, answered with just as much enthusiasm.

"But Kiyoko-san, you never mentioned anything about your family before." Asahi-senpai said, his brows knitted together, throwing a questioning glance towards the raven haired girl.

"You never asked." Kiyoko-san replied timidly. No intention of explaining herself.

"So that's why we couldn't beat you, you were too experienced!" Tanaka-san suddenly bursts, defending himself as he recalled the match we had.

"I think I had about the same experience as most of you here." I retorted.

"Yeah, you just suck." I looked over at Tsukishima who hadn't said anything but that all this time. He's teasing remark didn't go unnoticed by the second year.

"Whaaa?? We were on the same team!!" Tanaka instantly fumed. Making Tsukishima snigger at his short temper.

"Now that you mentioned it, I think I did see one of your games on television, maybe a year ago. They were wearing the same jersey but I didn't pay much attention since I only wanted to watch the boy's game." Yams gestured to the magazine forgotten on the floor, my picture still in sight.

"Uh Katsumi-chan, why didn't you go to Shiratorizowa or any powerhouse schools here in Miyagi? I'm sure with someone as good as you they'd accept." Hinata now kneeling, leaned forward, curiousity evident on his face.

"Somehow they actually heard I was here in Miyagi, inviting me to their school immediately. But I had no second thoughts about going to Kiyoko-san's school and I still wasn't planning on joining the volleyball team. Which is why I didn't join Kohana this year. Heck, I didn't try out for the girl's volleyball team but I became a part of the boy's team instead." I expressed quietly but also exasperatedly. It was quite funny how I still ended up getting attached to the sport even when I went through certain lengths to avoid it.

They nodded knowingly in response, starting to understand my situation. Then I added, "I was actually in doubt. Worrying that people here would recognize me since Shiratorizowa instantly did. But I'm glad they didn't, or else people here will treat me and possibly even Kiyoko-san, no different from the people back in Tokyo."

I briefly caught Tanaka-san raising a finger and opened his mouth before closing it again. Assuming I knew what he was gonna say, I went and said it before him.

"Yes Tanaka-san, we are, or were City(Shitty) Girls." I softly chuckled, amused. He blushed and also let out a short laugh.

Shortly after, silence filled the atmosphere, us exchanging looks from time to time.

I slightly flinched in suprise when Hinata abruptly stood up, looking down on me. "Katsumi-chan, do you wanna play with me and Kageyama tomorrow during practice?"

Yes it was quite unexpected, but this one sentence made me melt. Kageyama probably thought it was a stupid idea since he also stood up and hit the back of Hinata's head, causing him to make pained, muffled sounds. I caught everyone's attention when I threw my head back a little and laughed. My laugh echoed through out the gym, but I didn't mind. It was a genuine yet gentle laugh, and it didn't last very long, but it's been a while since I let out a laugh like this. Without her knowledge, the team was gazing at her in awe thinking how could someone be this pure and modest? Her laugh was angelic and infectious, and soon soft smiles crept up their faces as the sound was very much music to their ears.

I didn't know why but I felt so light hearted. Maybe because I told them everything? Or I didn't have to be cautious around them anymore? Or maybe it was just because of Hinata and Kageyama's usual attitude.

I stood up and threw my arms around the both of them. They were frozen for a while but returned the hug. Soon, I felt a large amount of arms around us, squeezing my figure as Nishinoya-san shouted a loud,

"GROUP HUG!"

I never thought I'd be a part of a team, or even surrounded by people like this again.  I'm very much reminded of just how valuable a team is when it involves volleyball. It's been so long since I found people I could let my guard down around. I was happy. I was at peace. And so that moment we shared a serene sweet silence.