Chapter Seventeen

Katsumi's Pov

How do I describe it?

The day after that was simply poignant. I would assume the rest of the team also had the same dejected expression on their faces. Even Kiyoko-san, who don't always show such emotion was obviously down.

I spent the whole morning dozing off, I was only snapped out of my daze when the teacher announced she would leave us early with an activity that was due tomorrow. Without knowing why, I immediately shoved my stuff into my bag and glided out the room quickly, not waiting for the bell to ring.

Absent mindedly, my foot brought me to the gym, but as my hand reached for the door, I felt a warm touch. I shot my head up to see Kageyama, also startled. I retrieved my hand and he slid the door open. We exchanged glances and quietly walked inside, not finding the need to converse. Kageyama started spiking balls, each slowly becoming more aggressive than the last. I didn't know what to say to comfort him through his emotional rollercoaster. I opened and closed my mouth several times before inhaling a sharp breath.

"I'll give you tosses." He stopped moving before turning towards me. He just looked at me at first, slightly hesitant and confused. I gave him a 'oh shut up you're not the only one who can set' kind of look and his eyes widened a little, his head nodding.

He threw the ball at me, before running to the net. My breath hitched. Everything was in slow motion. The ball reached my fingertips as I closed my eyes, giving full concentration and control as I kept my form. I pushed it back to the air, opening my eyes as it left my touch, the toss was clean and exactly where I wanted it. But the spiker wasn't. I estimated he would be in the air by now. I turned my head and saw him staring at blank space. Slightly.. glaring?

He snapped his head towards me and started walking in my direction. But before I could ask what happened he already opened his mouth.

"Oi! What was that?" He exclaimed.

"What was what?" I asked, confused.

"That." Seriously what is he going on about.

"A toss?" I raised my brow.

"You can-.. set?" I didn't know why he was acting so strange. Then I remembered I never really did set, not even once, in any those times that I joined their practice. I shrugged my shoulders and just looked at him.

"Again."

"Ha?"

"Let's go again."

I nodded and went into place as he picked up a ball and threw it at me before we repeated the whole process, except this time, he spiked the ball with force.

His spikes were getting stronger and stronger and his face was getting angrier. I didn't notice immediately because his face was flushed. We abruptly stopped when Hinata was at the door, panting.

.

Minutes later I slowly sat on the floor, they were mumbling some stuff and then out of nowhere, Hinata harshly hits a ball and started screaming and running around, Kageyama soon doing the same. For a moment they were too furious with their situations that they forgot I was watching them. The both of them went wild. I sat back , my eyes were tearing up but no tears fell as I watch them let out their frustrations.

Finally done, the two were on the floor, hinata face down, his body limp. Kageyama had his back on the wall, but upside down, his lower half bent. I was still across the court, not moving. I watch them talk once more, but nothing was going through ny head. It was like, it was empty.

They stood up and walked towards me, making me stand up as well. I was startled at the sudden fire in their eyes. The look of determination evident.