Chapter Twenty-Seven

Katsumi's Pov

The first day of training came to an end, or it should have atleast. We found ourselves still in the gym, the team still practicing.

Me, Yachi, and Kiyoko-san were running around the court, tossing, receiving, throwing,  and picking up balls for the players. It was actually a bit fun, chasing balls that came out of nowhere for a change.

I sprinted to the door to recieve an incoming ball so it wouldn't go outside. I stretched out my arms and angled my body, sending the ball straight back to the rest.

"Nice one Katsumi..!"

"Excuse me." I moved aside as Kei entered and walked directly to where several water bottles, towels and other things were placed. I noticed he had his head down and he didn't look like he was in a good mood.

I watch him crouch down and pick up his knee braces before staring into the court. He just stood there and didn't even notice when I stopped beside him.

"... It's just a club, you know." was what he was muttering under his breath. I watch him stare at the rest who were all moving around, the balls flying everywhere, and their shouts echoed through the gym.

"Why are you all putting in so much effort? All that hard work.. will only make you suffer later." His head shot towards me. His gaze was hard but they softened once he saw me.

He looked back at the court and his eyebrows knitted back together. He grunted and quickly stormed past me and out of the gym.

Leaving me frozen in place, processing his words. I stared at the door where his figure disappeared out of sight.

"Kei.." was all that left my mouth, remembering everything his mother told me.

Training Camp: Day 2

"Shinzen Highschool's parents association donated watermelons for you all!"

The boys head's snapped towards our direction as we held several watermelons in our hands. Everyone hurriedly followed their assigned managers outside and quickly grabbed slices.

Last night with the other female managers was really fun. I mean, we were all still highschoolers at some point. They were all really friendly and, quite pretty too. We fixed each other's hair, had a pillow fight, did girl talk and other things. It's been so long since I was surrounded with girls my age and did things like that.

.

I finished distributing the ones on my tray, so I placed it at a nearby table and grabbed one for myself before heading towards the rest.

"... Tsukishima's brother was on the same team as the little giant!?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned my head towards some of team, hearing a part of their comversation. They were huddled together and Kuroo-senpai was also with them.

"Hey we don't know for sure okay?? It might just be someone else with the same last name." Tanaka-san exclaimed.

"It's actually true." Their heads shot towards me and I narrowed my eyes at their eager expressions.

"What..? Oh- I'm not telling you guys anything." I said as I finished my slice and grabbed a plastic bag. I faced them again and opened the bag.

"Now, give me your trash." They exchanged looks before Suga-senpai told them they were starting soon, so they obliged without further questions.