Chapter Twenty-Four

~》●》•《●《~•

Aside from Katsumi being mischievous and schemeing, and Tsukishima being mean and quite the bully, they were completely different especially when not around each other.

The next days that followed, the two seemed to get along even more, much to the team's suprise. Everytime Tsukishima opens his mouth to just to irritate anyone again, Katsumi would either laugh or scold him, depending on what he said.

Katsumi had times when she couldn't join her siblings home, but everytime that happens, the blonde would be there to walk with her instead.

They grew fond of each other, but would rather bicker again that to admit that.

《• Katsumi's Pov •》

Here I was now, running around the gym  distributing the black jackets of the volleyball team to their respective owners. Several complains could be heard at the sudden order to them to wear the piece of clothing. I don't blame them, even I was dissatisfied as my body started sweating under my clothes.

"Urghh, so hott."

"It's just for a little bit!"

"C'mon Tsukishima, you too!"

"Come here! Line up!"

The boys lined up infront of their Captain, a very nervous Yachi beside him. I stood next to Kiyoko-san who was standing just behind Yachi, waiting patiently.

"Starting today, Yachi-san is finally joining as an official manager, so.." you can see their faces instantly lit up at the announcement of our newest addition. All eyes on Yachi now.

"Here." Kiyoko-san had her arms stretched out, holding another black jacket, it's size perfect for the blonde who it was for.

"WELCOME TO THE KARASUNO HIGHSCHOOL VOLLEYBALL CLUB!!!"

I seriously couldn't wait for them to show everyone what they've got.

.

I guess I didn't have to wait long since the bus just stopped and Takeda-sensei announced we have arrived.

I squinted my eyes as I yawned. Everyone had to wake up early, like 'the sun didn't even rise yet' kind of early, so we'd arrive around the actual 'morning' early in Tokyo.

What the heck am I even saying.

"Yamaguchiii.." I whined, spotting him. The poor boy was still half asleep when he saw me pout and he chuckled. He was kind enough to walk back to my seat where I still had no means of moving.

"You smell so good yams.." I mumbled into his shirt. Yamaguchi's ears turned pink at my words as we walked towards the rest.

Oh I mean, he walked towards them, with me on his back, eyes still closed.

Yes. I asked him to carry me piggy back style because I was not ready to move my legs. I knew I was spoiled when it came to Kageyama and Yamaguchi, ...and of course Hinata. They didn't mind at all since I also favor them a lot. Unlike Tsukishima who treats me rather poorly.

"COULD THAT BE... THE TOKYO SKYTREE..!?"

My eyes opened a bit to take a glimpse at the two second years who seem to be too excited. They were pointing at a normal steel tower, their expressions priceless.

Oh how I wanted to laugh so badly, but unlike them, I wasn't fully awake yet, so I only giggled.

"No, that's just a normal steel tower." Somebody had to tell them, and it was one of the members from Nekoma.

I just noticed their presence now, but since I already met them, I closed my eyes again.

"Oi Katsumi, you have to walk at some point." I shot Tsukishima a glare as he looked down on me. Even when I'm carried by yamaguchi, he's still taller like how is that even fair..?

"If you don't want then I'll gladly take her..!" Noya-san interrupted, his eyes glistening and his arms outstretched.

"No it's okay. I also have my bag to carry and we better get moving." I said as I jumped off of Yamaguchi and pulled down my shorts.

I never liked pants. I had to wear them several times depends on the circumstances but I always felt uncomfortable at how they cling to my legs.

I walked towards Kiyoko-san who was holding my bag out for me and took it. I caught a glimpse of Nekoma's captain and he gave me a wink before returning to his conversation with Daichi as they led us to the gym.

I was a bit slow, but now I remembered my last encounter with Kuroo-senpai and blushed.

Quickly shaking this aside, we arrived at the entrance of the gym.

"THE GIRLS HAVE MULTIPLIED..!" Kiyoko-san put her arm infront of Yachi protectively, as Nekoma's very own Tanaka kneeled infront of us.

"Now there's a pretty one! A hot one! And a cute one!" I chuckled as I found him amusing. As long as boys have no bad intentions, I didn't mind their compliments much.

"Take a good look Tora.." Tanaka-san stood proudly infront of us. His arms wide as he looked down on his kneeling version. "This is the sanctity of Karasuno."

"Kuh..! So Bright..!" Tora -san covered his face with one of his arms, like a bright light was blinding him.

'Seriously, they're too dramatic.'

.

I let out an exasperated sigh as I watch the boys do another lap of flying falls. It was our... uhm, I don't even know how many matches we already lost today.

My head shot up towards the door, that was widely open, revealing a panting Hinata Shouyou and Kageyama Tobio.

"What an entrance.." I shook my head playfully.

.

Second Day.

We weren't doing much better but.. yesterday, the moon was up when we finally won a set, thanks to the freak duo's quicks. We were finally able to right down one win after playing nine sets that day.

But today, I'm hoping the numbers would increase.

I'm just hoping though. And there's no denying I was having a hard time hoping for them to win as I watched their match with Nekoma.

Every team in this very gym was intimidating. They said 'strong' in their own ways. I also heard from the other manager of a different team that their captain, was included in the top five aces in the country, leaving me in awe.

I was currently watching the game closely. Asahi-senpai called for the toss but.. much to everyone's suprise, Hinata also jumped for it. My eyes went wide as they collided and fell to the floor.

The other players crowded over them and I could hear Hinata apologizing as he bowed over and over again.

It was clear he did it unconsciously, but... It seemed like he was trying to steal the toss.. sent to the ace. The atmosphere changed as everyone slightly tensed at what happened.. and the obvious discomfort on Asahi-senpai's part.

Yachi noticed this too, and said her thoughts aloud. I couldn't help agree, and so did Kiyoko-san.

This time, the whole team was on edge, the tension running high.

I also started paying attention to all the other teams. And all I can say is they're really scary.

First, there's Ubugawa Highschool from Kanagawa prefecture whose serves were insanely incredible. Kiyoko-san told us that their manager mentioned that the players do a hundred serves each every after practice. Making my jaw drop.

Next, there's a team that dis this amazing tactic where three players all moved the same time you couldn't tell where the toss was going, and then, it was actually a back attack. They're from Saitama prefecture, called Shinzen Highschool.

And the team with the top five ace, whose been to nationals, Fukurodany Academy here in Tokyo.

I guess I'll have to keep hoping for a while.