Chapter Five

"SHIMIZU!" The moment they enter the gym they heard a shout of their name. Making Katsumi, Kohana and Kiyoko turn their heads towards the direction of the noise, where Tanaka-san was. He screamed while trying to grab his hair(which was probably on his top 10 hardest things to do list). He stopped in his tracks still screaming and his nose exploded with blood.  He stopped screaming when Daichi told him to shut up, a dark and scary aura threatening him.

       A guy, probably a player she haven't met yet, knelt down before them. She noticed his hair had blonde highlights infront and she assumed that he was shorter than Hinata. He spread his arms wide and started crying. Soon enough Tanaka-san knelt down besides him, copying his actions. Then being hit on the head with a notebook by Kiyoko-san, making them stop. Instead they hugged each other while jumping up and down celebrating being hit by Kiyoko like it was an achievement. Katsumi and Kohana face palmed, still not used to their actions.

"Katsumi-chan! Kohana-chan!" Sugawara-senpai was walking towards us, a towel on his shoulder while waving at us. His friendly smile really is heart warming, like mother's, Katsumi thought.

"Are they Shimizu-chan's...?" A huge figure appeared behind Sugawara. His long brown hair was tied back and he had a goatee. He looked like an intimidating person but from the way he talked, she could tell he was somewhat a nice person.

      Daichi nodded to his question and introduced us to him. His name was Asahi Azumane, he's the ace of the team. At the word ace Katsumi perked up and gave him one of her warmest smile. He scratched the back of his neck, also giving her a shy smile as he turned pink.

"I'm Nishinoya Yu, but the both of you can call me Noya. Second year." The one that knelt earlier suddenly appeared. He was no longer crying, instead grinning widely and his thumb was pointing as his chest as he proudly said that.

"My pleasure, Noya-san."  Katsumi said for the both of them. Kohana placed a hand on her shoulder and gave a little wave to Noya-san. Not being able to bear the moment, Nishinoya lost his cool and dropped face front to the floor. A puddle of blood appearing after a few seconds.

"Hinata! Get the mop!" Hinata immediately followed Daichi's order and ran to the direction of the storage room. Katsumi was about to grab the first aid kit by the bench next to her when Daichi-senpai stopped her, saying it wasn't such a good idea.

"Aren't they the most normal group?" Kohana silenly laughed as she and Katsumi reached their elder sibling. Kiyoko-san led them to a  bench on the other side leaving them there.

        Hinata and Kageyama already warming up for practice. While Kiyoko was busy, and the other boys practiced receiving,  Kohana explained to Katsumi that unlike the boy's team, the girl's team didn't show up during practices, especially in the morning. They weren't as committed and dedicated like the boys either. There was one time all of them showed up but they ended up talking about boys, much to Kohana's dismay. They continued talking about random things until Sugawara invited them to play. With the knowledge that Kohana was the libero on the girls team, and that Katsumi knew how to play.

      But before she could decline Hinata was already pulling both of her wrists until she was standing in the middle. She heard Kiyoko gave a small laugh as she made a please-help-me face. Already standing infront of the net, literally not suprised, she actually wanted to play. She was mesmerized with the sight before her. The net dividing the two teams, her opponents preparing on the other side, and an eye o  the ball on Asahi's hand, waiting to be served. She was out of her nostalgic trance when a shout from beside her by her very loud sister echoed through the gym.

"Excuse me? We can't play wearing these!" She pointed at her skirt, or uniform rather. Her other hand on her hip.

       The boys sweat dropped as Kohana dragged Katsumi by her arm to Kiyoko, who already had two white shirts and black shorts with kneepads on her arms neatly folded. Handing it to them, they left and got changed.

The two teams were divided like this:
Team A
Katsumi (left front)
Hinata (middle front)
Kageyama (right front)
Daichi (left back)
Nishinoya (middle back)
Ennoshita (right back)

Team B
Kohana (middle back)
Asahi (left back)
Tsukishima (middle front)
Yamaguchi (right back)
Tanaka (left front)
Sugawara (right front)

     Katsumi was suprised she was made wing spiker since it was the original position she used to play. She was slightly nervous, yet excitement was obvious on her face. She was grateful for the fact nobody did knew her, aside from Kageyama who only heard of her from herself. Because then they would treat her differently, and she didn't want that.

       The game started. Asahi served the ball and it was perfectly received by Noya directing it at Kageyama. "Nice receive." Daichi shouted. Kageyama gave Katsumi a look for a fraction of a second but that was enough for her to know that he trusted her with what she told him before. And so she matched her jump time with Hinata's, their feet leaving the ground at the same time, intending to confuse the enemy, but it made everyone suprised, as she jumped higher and quicker than him and adding the fact that she was taller. If they thought hinata was flying then she was above that. The ball was a little low since Kageyama didn't expect a jump like that but it was enough for her to spike it directly besides Yamaguchi as a rapid straigt then bouncing off the floor towards the back just as fast. Nobody had time to process what happened.

       She landed in a second, feeling the rush of adrenalin pumping through her body. Now she's excited. In fact, too excited to notice every player was staring at her as she slightly raised her fist, whispering an excited 'yes'.

"What are you?" Tsukishima's words caught her attention as he was walking towards her still on the other side of the net, towering above her.

       She gave him a mischievous grin and said "I'm your opponent." Giving him a wink before turning around getting back to position.

       As expected everyone didn't play to well as they were in awe watching her play brilliantly. She and Hinata exchanged a lot of double high fives everytime they scored. She didn't mind the looks since she kinda got used to it. And after two more tries, during the first set, Kageyama's toss to her became accurate enough for her to spike without mercy.

       The match ended quickly. The first two sets easily snatched by Katsumi's group. She laughed at their reaction when Hinata told them they got crushed by a girl. Quickly turning around, she walked to the bench even though she knew they were staring at her back and she couldn't avoid their questions after that.

       Although, these people are really something.