Chapter Twenty-Nine

Katsumi's Pov

I stopped as I let the tears fall. I never knew I felt this way. All the bottled up emotions were now out. My chest felt tight and suffocating.

I sat on the grass and hugged my knees, as I burried my face, silently sobbing. There were several mixed emotions running through me, but it was mostly shame. It was a good thing I was far from the others, where no one would witness my emotional breakdown, far from where they were probably enjoying their food now.

How could I blurt it out like that? I made a fool out of myself. I didn't even watch what was coming out of my mouth and-.. and now I ruined my friendship with him. It's going to be akward and I have to live with the fact that he knows now. How could I have been so stupid and a-

"Dumbass."

My breath hitched as my eyes shot open. Luckily my head was still down. I felt him move closer but I couldn't be sure. Assuming he was kneeling infront of me, I stayed quiet. My face still hung low since I just can't dare to look him in the eye.

Yeah, I am a dumbass. A dumbass  who fell for you Kei, but you really don't have to rub it in my face.

I flinched as I felt him push a strand of hair behind my ear. His touch was gentle, and just like that one time, it makes me feel, safe.

...Why are you making it harder for me?

I was already frustrated at myself for my idiocy. I swear I don't wanna lash out on him so why won't he just leave me alone?!

"Just leave me alone..!!" I mustered the courage and stood up, pushing him away, but he grabbed me and we both fell down on the ground, me on top.

That's when he caught sight of my tear stained face. My cheeks red and my lips quivering as I glared at him. I used one of my hands to push myself up and run, but he still grabbed hold of my wrist as he stood up as well.

"Let me go Tsukishima!" I shouted furiously as I struggled out of his grip. He pulled me back towards him and slithered his arms around my waist. He pressed his chest against my back.

I was breathing heavily as I calmed down a little, but still didn't face him.

He was shocked and upset I called him by his last name, but he put this aside for now as he saw my flustered state. He leaned close to me as he settled his chin on my shoulder.

"Now why would I do that..?" He nonchalantly whispered in my ear.

And with that, I felt the surge of electricity once more, as well as the butterflies in my stomach.

I hated it. I hated how he had such an effect on me. I could literally hear my own heart beating wildly in my chest.

I attempted to pull his arms off but he was too strong, making him chuckle. He turned me around to face him, but my gaze dropped to the ground.

"Still so stubborn." He raised my chin up to make me look at him, and so hesitantly, I did.

He stared into my blue eyes with a soft look on his face that I rarely see. Then he gave me a small smile.

"You're a coward, you know. Running right after confessing." He shook his head mockingly as if he was dissaponted.
"You don't get to run away twice.."

".. Now where's the fiesty little smartass that I know?" I was tacken aback by his words, but couldn't help my mouth.

"Did you just call me little?" I glared at him.

He tightened his grip on my waist making me squirm a little. There was no space between our bodies now.

"If you're not, then there wouldn't have been a need for me to lean down when I do this."

And before I could process what he said, his lips pressed into mine making my eyes go wide.

I was frozen stiff as he pulled away from the swift kiss that I did not respond to.

"What the- wh-" I touched my lips where his lips were seconds before.

"Tsk. You are dense.. I like you." Was all he said before pulling me into a hug.

.

"Are you seriously still not over it?" Kei asked as he placed an arm around my shoulder.

"Shut up. I know you were the only one looking for me. Why did you even leave just right when they were about to start..?" I threw him a curious look as we kept walking.

"Everyone told me beforehand to eat a lot, so I suspected that they'll be forcing me." He shrugged like the idea of eating a lot was disgusting. But I did notice he had little appetite unlike Hinata and Kageyama.

"KASTUMI-CHAN! TSUKISHIMA! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! WE STILL HAVE SOME LEFT, HURRY!!" Hinata shouted from the distance before he filled his mouth with meat again.

Then all of a sudden, Noya-san sprinted towards me looking concerned.

"Katsumi-chan we've been looking for you!! We thought someone might attempt to talk to you!" He exclaimed frantically.

Seriously, what is it with boys making a big deal out of who I talk to?

"Wait. Katsumi-chan, have you been crying?" He asked with worry all over his face. He then turned to Kei and pointed an accusing finger at him.

"What did you do to her?!?!" He blurted.

The blonde rolled his eyes at his senpai's behavior before turning away, ignoring him.

"He did something alright." Was what I wanted to response, but figured it would only cause a ruckus.

"I'm okay, Noya-san. But.. I am famished." I said and he grinned excitedly before pulling me towards the rest.

I looked back at Kei and shrugged in an imitation of him. He gave me an 'are you serious?' look and I giggled.

.

I extended my plate towards Kageyama and he nodded. He swallowed before picking up meat from the grill and putting it on my plate.

"Thanks Tobio." I thanked him and he started chowing down some more. Ever since he noticed I called Tsukishima by Kei, he kept insisting I call him by his first name as well. You wouldn't think Kageyama would be jealous over something like that, but he was.

I turned and made my way towards the other managers, being the only girl group there.

"Man, I wanna be in the middle of that.."

"The managers from our Fukurodani group are all top-class, but I think the level is higher when you add in Karasuno's. What about you?"

"No objections here."

The girls and I can feel that we were being watched, but after a week of spending time with all these boys, we ate and talked  unbothered.

Laughter could also be heard as we compared the odd traits and personalities of our teammates.

The stake was really good so I felt really warm and happy on the inside. But I don't think the food was the only reason why I was grinning like an idiot.

.

Some Love for this Salty French Fry🖤