Chapter Thirty-one

6:47pm

Reiko the Rat: They agreed Shimizu!! Me, Yuki, Chiyo, Misaki, and Akari are going to stay over night on a beach along the wayyy, before Miyagi. I'd invite you but you'd probably be busy practicing. Knowing you, you just can't let anybody else on the court shine. I'll update you on the date of our arrival! Mwuah.

Katsumi rubbed the bridge of her nose after putting down her phone, not bothering to reply.

The said girls in the text were her fellow third years last year, Akari being the Captain. She winced as she remembered that awful memory.

She was tired after a long day and she just had to receive such a text once she got home. She unwillingly stood up from her seat and left her room, dragging her feet.

Arriving at the kitchen, the White-haired female eating cake stopped in her movements at the sight of her sister. She put down her fork before grinning widely.

"Katsumi-..! How did it go?" She asked with such energy that Katsumi couldn't return.

"They did great Kohana." The blue haired girl simply stated as she took a seat lazily, opposite from her sister.

"I really want to watch but sadly, we aren't excused from staurday practice." She slumped before she placed another slice of cake in her mouth and returned to her grinning state.

"Maybe next time, since they still have a next time." Kohana only nodded, mouth full.

Katsumi remembered why she needed to talk to Kohana, so she decided to just say it.

"My old teammates are coming here." She stated bluntly.

Kohana choked on the cake she just put in her mouth and immediately started pumping her chest as Katsumi's eyes went wide.

"Bleahh..! Whaaa..?!?!" She stood from her seat looking at her sister in shock.

"I didn't invite them. Well... kinda. Anyway, I agreed on a three on three match with them sometime this month."

Kohana raised a finger and opened her mouth but her sister held her palm out as if saying she wasn't done.

"All I'm asking is you play with me. Please. I won't force you if you don't want to though."

They stared at each other for a few minutes, before Kohana walked towards her seated sister and gave her a worried look.

"Are-.. are you sure about this?" Kohana slightly whispered. She recalled the last interaction between her sister and her old teammates. It ended with Katsumi walking away with teary eyes and sobbing hard when she was alone, all the pain coming back as she saw the people she considered her friends who didn't see her the same.

"I'm sure.. I-.. I just want them to know that they never broke me. And, it would be great to see their faces once I beat them." Katsumi gave a soft smile, the regular devious glint in her eyes now showing.

"Well then let's kick some wolf-butt." Kohana grinned as she gave her sister a bear hug.

"YOU'RE KILLING ME..!!" Kohana laughed as Katsumi struggled to get out of her tight grip, also laughing at the process.

They missed how much time they used to spend together. Ever since they moved and started highschool, they no longer spent most of their time with each other like they used to.

They were inseparable during the summer, like before. They still had several responsibilities that time. But as they laughed and started making dinner together, they had the silent agreement to see each other more often once more.

.

The next two months before the representative play-offs were very productive.

Every now and then the team would have several joint practice matches with the Fukurodani Academy group and improve a lot. Especially the success rate of the quick strike that was slowly but surely increasing and Tsukishima's blocks that were getting really good at completely shutting down spikes.

Much to everyone's suprise, three players from Fukurodani recognized Katsumi and confronted her quite loudly. Now, all the  boys knew about her background, even their coaches who wanted to see her in action.

Kohana has been spending a lot of her free time with the boy's team. She would follow her sisters to the gym and help out. And by any means, she made sure not to miss out when they have practice matches against Nekoma.

.

"Kohana, go untie the net." Katsumi casually said, as she and Yachi picked up the balls.

"O-okay." She was always the one tasked to untie the net and she didn't know why. Even though Katsumi was only months older, their height difference was wide. Katsumi stood at 1.69cm while Kohana at 1.63cm, close to Hinata's. She was never insecure about it, but everytime she tries her best to reach up and her finger tips could only brush the rope, it would easily frustrate her.

She placed her hands on her hips, grunted, and glared up at the knot, waiting to be untied. She knew it would be easier to ask for assistance but she was keen on doing it on her own.

There was one time nobody was looking, so she moved the bench and stood on it, instead of asking for help. So the girl looked around but slumped once she saw there were still too many people.

After a few more attempts on her tip toes, she let out a groan of frustration as a set of long arms were above her and the rope was quickly untied.

She turned around and looked up to the same person who helped her finish her task for the third time now.

"Thanks Lev. I really wanna do it myself but it's alright if it's you." She sheepishly said.

She recalled the first time Lev wanted to help her, and she kept refusing. At that time she was already jumping and wore herself out, so she reluctantly agreed to the boy who wouldn't leave and waited behind her. Just like this time, he did it quite effortlessly.

"No problem Kohana-chan! You helped me out with my recieves last time so it's the least I could do." Lev grinned. He found it quite adorable to see the silver haired girl trying to reach the net every after practice. If he was being honest, he looked forward to  seeing her in that state so he could come and help her.

They were walking back to the others when Lev turned to the female libero beside her.

"Uh-.. Kohana-chan..? Can I train again with you? I really prefer your teaching than Kuroo-senpai and Yaku-senpai's." Kohana glanced at the tall male beside her and gave him a wide grin.

"Of course! Wait for me." Kohana said as she skipped towards her sisters who was giving her sly looks.

"Wha-why are you looking at me like that?" She stammered, picking up her water bottle.

"You're blushing." Katsumi said as she rose her eyebrow in a teasing manner.

Kohana wasn't blushing, but after what Katsumi had said, she turned a shade of pink. Her reaction earned soft laughs from her sisters who exchanged mischevious looks afterwards.

.

A chapter for her because I haven't been giving her much love recentlyy❤