Chapter Thirty-seven

Here's another update to make up for my lazy ass~~

Katsumi's Pov

I stood next to Kiyoko and Yachi as we applauded the boys before us.

They just recieved their medals and were now thanking everyone who came to watch them play.

They all had one thought in their heads, and it was that they were going to nationals.

...of course the libero also had another thought of his own concerning the sight of Katsumi, Kohana and Yachi in a cheerleading outfit was double the win.

'If I was told I'd be seeing this when we reach finals then I could have been a little more motivated.'

.

Tsukishima turned around from Yamaguchi to face a grinning Katsumi.

"Well shit.. you guys were incredible. Especially you, mr. blocker." Katsumi said as Tsukishima messed her hair. He thought Yamaguchi was right, this was no time to feel sorry for himself.

He looked down at the girl he most unexpectedly took a liking for, and he no longer hesitated when he opened his mouth to ask her.

"Go out with me." Well it wasn't actually a question. The female's eyes went wide as she couldn't believe he actually asked her.

She knew there was a chance Tsukishima would say it, but to say it at that moment, where they just won and there were people everywhere was a suprise.

She was pulled out of her suprised state when the blonde flicked her forehead. He said it nonchalantly but inside he was slowly dying as Katsumi was yet to answer.

His heart dropped when he heard her next word.

"No." Katsumi said without emotion. He flinched a bit, but he soon felt relieved when he saw the familiar glint of mischief in her eyes.

"Ok."

And just like what he expected, Katsumi lost her composure and looked at Tsukishima like he was crazy.

"What?" She asked almost too eagerly.

"What? You're the one who said no." He stated innocently, glad that he got the reaction he wanted.

"I just wanted to see how you would react." She said before her voice trailed off. She looked down and muttered under her breath. "But it seems like you don't even care if I say yes."

"I also just wanted to see how you would react." He replied as he lifted her chin so she'd face him.

Much to his suprise, she glared at him.

"I'll bite you." She threatened with narrowed eyes.

"Please do." Tsukishima laughed as he shook his head. Before she could say anything he spoke once more. "You can't say no since you owe me though."

Several things passed his mind as he brought up the topic again. He looked into her peircing blue orbs that he grew fond of.

"Idiot. I was going to say ye-" and Katsumi didn't finish her statement and her eyes went wide.

Since that was all Tsukishima needed, he placed his lips on hers. She froze but evetually melted into the kiss, and they both felt the same sensation they felt that night on camp.

"WHAAA..?!"

Their heads snapped towards the rest of the group who were now staring at them with shock. And that's when Katsumi blushed furiously realizing they just kissed infront of everyone, including Kiyoko and Akiteru.

"Oh shit." She cursed under her breath.

.

Katsumi's Pov

"NNGH.. ROLLING THUNDER.. W!!"

"The 'W' part sounds so badass..!!" Hinata says in awe as he watch the team's libero.

"He rolled.. twice?" Yamaguchi turned, confused.

"Why'd he hafta rolled twice?" Kageyama asked with a weirded out look.

"Hey- watch out-!!" We all snapped our heads in time to see Tanaka get run over by Nishinoya.

"Tanaka got run over by Nishinoya!!" Sugamama exclaimed.

"NISHINOYA! TANAKA!"

"How did I get dragged into this..?" The wing spiker whined.

"I don't think they fully grasp the concept of taking a break during breaktime." Kiyoko-san stated as we stared at the boys knowingly.

"So Tokyo should be running their representative playoff match right about now." Asahi-senpai said as he wiped his neck with a towel.

"Yeah. You're right." The captain agreed.

"Oh so that's why.." I muttered under my breath as I walked towards Kohana who was busy with her phone the whole time.

I smirked as I looked over her shoulder from behind to see her texting someone.

"Ooh what's this?" I asked, crouching towards her sitting figure.

"A-ah! Katsumi-nee! It's nothing at all..!" She jumped.

"Easy there.. If it's nothing why are you grinning like an idiot?" I tilted my head as I gave her a teasing look.

"I'm just wishing Lev good luck, that's all. He's probably already playing though.." she said avoiding eye contact.

I tried my best to stop myself from laughing since Kohana is now extremely pink.

"Okay, tell your crush I said hi."

"Oh-okay- Wait! Noo! It's nothing like that! We're just friends..Yes! Just friends!!" She exclaimed, now red.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" I asked casually.

"Aarrgg! I'm not-.. Pftt- I don't... Omyghod I-.. I do like him.."

I looked at her pitifully as I patted her back.

'Haiba Kohana, mmhmm has a nice ring to it. Ooh they're gonna have adorable silver haired babies and I-.. okay maybe next time.'

"Levs a sweet guy. Can't blame you."

Fun Fact: Katsumi and Kohana both took a liking into boys who are freakishly tall and whose jersey numbers are 11. (Fact not so fun)

.

*ringing*

"I'm so sorry, I'll go get it..!"

I walked towards my bag and pulled out my phone. The sound ringing through out the gym.

I looked at the screen to check out the callers ID and my face instantly dropped. Slowly letting out an exasperated sigh, I accepted and placed the phone next to my ear, walking out the gym.

"HEYYAA KATSUMI..!! THE GIRLS AND I ARE ALREADY NEARING SO YOU BETTER GET READY!" I winced as I distanced the phone from my ear. I always hated her voice.

"Hey Reiko.. yeah sure, see you in a bit."

Not waiting for a reply, I ended the call and went back inside. My eyes searched for the male captain who was spotted on the other side of the court.

"Daichi-senpai..? I was wondering if Michimiya-senpai already prepared?" I asked politely as I halted infront of him.

"Actually, she said that the boys basketball team already scheduled for today.." he said as he scratched his head. "But I'm sure coach wouldn't mind using this one since practice is almost over." He added.

"Oh okay- thank you!" I bowed.

I should probably go tell Michimiya-senpai and Kohana.

I was about to turn around when he placed a hand on top of my head.

"Are your opponents here yet? It's a good thing people from other schools are allowed during the afternoon here."

"They're on their way.. and I practically had to convince the vice principal it was volleyball related." I said sheepishly.

It was true. Once I received the text that they were coming the next day, I had to make sure we were able to play somewhere and that I wouldn't get into trouble for inviting them all of a sudden.

"KATSUMI THEY'RE HERE!"

My head shot towards the door where Kohana and several other figures can be seen.