Chapter Fourteen

Katsumi's Pov

The whistle blew. Indicating the start of the game. Tokonami, the opposing team gets to serve first, but with Tanaka-san fired up at the start of the game, we easily took the first point.

He and Noya-san started cheering, cutting whatever the captain had to say, and earning themselves a warning from the referee. I laughed to myself, even on the court they're still wild as ever.

Tanaka-san served, and they were able to fight back but our libero was as quick as ever, sending the ball back to the air. It didn't get to the setter so the ace handled the situation. His attack got past the blockers in an instant, I was staring in awe before I heard the 'rumors' about him again. Apparently, Asahi-senpai also heard since he started having this pitying look on his face.

Oh and for the next point? Easily taken by Hinata and Kageyama. Showing off their new quick at the process. Oh if only I could see everyone's faces, but for those faces that I fortunately did see, I could only say they were well, suprised.

The first set was ours of course. And the second set's a definite shoo-in. Sure, I'm siding with my boys but seriously, the gap between the scores was huge, the other team has to have a miracle up their sleeve to take this set.

It was also their second time out of the second set. I smiled and waved as they walked cheerfully towards us, obviously happy for themselves. As they approached, I already have several towels and bottles ready for them.

Kohana's Pov

Damn it. We were loosing. I'm already giving it my all, but sometimes even that isn't enough. Currently I'm able to receive as much as I can, as fast as I can. But receiving doesn't get you points, not in volleyball. Most of my teammates are already losing their fighting spirit, all except the captain who still tried her best to lift up the team's morale. I could see she was only trying to motivate us but even I know this set was hopeless, and that's rare for me since I was always the one telling them the captain's right and we should keep going. I couldn't help but be a little frustrated at them, for not trying hard enough. Not just now, but there were so many times they could have practiced, they could have planned a stable play, and they could have improve, but they didn't take volleyball seriously.

I slightly shook my head, setting these thoughts aside as I focused on the game infront of me. I caught Michimiya-senpai's eye, and gave her a determined smile.

It's not over yet.

Katsumi's Pov

We won. We.. won. I didn't expect to loose but winning had it's effect on me. A huge triumph grin could be seen on my face. It was really hard to contain my excitement. I looked at Kiyoko-san and she gave me a small smile, patting my head. After the team showed their gratitude they instantly sprinted towards us. Hinata was the first to reach me, jumping up and down before I hugged him tightly. He was still a bit processing that they won when Kageyama came closer. Immediately, I also gave him a quick hug, making his face flush. I turned my back on the two, remembering I had to help Kiyoko. I grabbed two water bottles and approached the closest people to me, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima. I smiled at them happily as handed them their drinks, which they gratefully accepted.

"Congratulations you two!" I said as they drank. Yamaguchi wiped his mouth before responding.

"But, I didn't even play.." He said, a little down.

A placed a hand on his back before speaking.

"You're still a part of the winning team. Even if you didn't get the chance to play, I'd still be this proud when you actually do." He blushed a bit before he handed me his now empty bottle back. He smiled and said he'd be back to congratulate the others too. That's when I gave my full attention to the blonde infront of me.

"Good job, bean pole." I teased as I poke his side.

He playfully raised his brow before lowering his head a bit and saying,

"Is that all? No reward?" He smirked.

Psshh, typical Tsukishima.

"What do you want? More height?" I said.
"Sorry but I'm in no place to give you some.." I tried reaching for the bottle when he held it up, out of my reach. I also raised my brow and crossed my arms.

"Alright. Then just, just tell me what you want next time."  I grinned as he messed my hair before giving the bottle. Turning his back behind me, not letting me catch a glimpse of his face.

He wasn't as bad as everyone think. Yeah he was kinda salty and his words are uhm, somthing else, and I never get to hang out with him and Yams when I'm with Kagyama and Hinata, but he's not that bad. I guess not everybody just gets along with him fine.

Now.. I wonder how Kohana and the girls are doing?

Kohana's Pov

Oh we lost. Yep, it was a very very very bad defeat that would probably bother me for a while. Heck, there were more schools in Tokyo that I had complete victory over than all the school's here combined and still. Sure I wasn't as awsome as Katsumi-san but I never lost this early in any competition.

I swallowed as I accepted defeat. I was sitting on the floor, leaning on the wall, my short silver hair covering my face as I was staring down at the phone in my hands. I couldn't bring myself to tell Katsumi and Kiyoko now, so maybe I'll do it when we get home.

I breathed out a deep sigh as I looked up to see the Captain stopping one of the members from blaming herself. "Damn she's tough", I thought.

She was summoned by the coach when she excused herself and left. The girls started saying she was amazing to still be in that condition but one of the third years immediately objected. Telling us we've got it wrong.

"She'll continue to act like a 'Captain' infront of us, but once she's alone, she'll turn away.. and cry." She bowed her head as she said this. Everyone had guilty and dissaponted looks on their faces, clearly upset.

I covered my face with my hands.

Maybe if I helped her out, maybe if I also got the team to try a little harder, or maybe if we practiced more, then maybe.. maybe
we could have all played volleyball a little longer.

Katsumi's Pov

I found myself watching the team get ready for the second time today. We all heard about their tough loss to Dateko about three months ago, so I was a bit more nervous about this match than the one earlier.

I played with my hair to distract myself until the whistle blew once more.

Let's get this over with and smash that Iron wall into bits.

.

If you think I have a problem cause i update too fast then you're right. Seriously my brain's already planning the next chapter without my consent and if I don't write it down immediately then I'm gonna be like 'WAIT WHAT WAS IT AGAIN' for the rest of the day /:

Oh and the first few chapters really suck don't they? No wonder people stopped reading. Not that the latest ones don't. The former are just worse HAHAHAHA

Thanks if you're still bearing with me til noww🖤