Chapter Forty-seven

"That was a joke right?" Katsumi asked in disbelief as Tsukishima rolled his eyes.

The blonde pushed the glass door open, the bell made a sound indicating that more customers just arrived.

"Of course it was. It would be really stupid if it wasn't." He replied. The two of them walked side by side until they found a table by corner. The walls were glass so you could see the outside.

"No I know.. it's just, you actually came up with that type of joke." Katsumi chuckled.

Now understanding what she meant, Tsukishima narrowed his eyes as the both of them sat facing each other. The seats were sofa like so he didn't need to pull out her chair like what you see in romantice dates.

"So what." He tried to sound aloof even though the embarassment he felt showed.

"Just.. never do that again." Katsumi was still chuckling. Her hand over her mouth and her eyes curving along.

"Was it that bad..?" Tsukishima whispered under his breath but the girl still heard.

"Uhm.. it wasn't that bad-" she tilted her head. "Just terrible."

"Oh shut up." He replied, pushing his glasses up.

Katsumi's mouth parted as she was about to speak when she was interrupted.

"Good day! Have you decided on what you would like to eat?" The waitress said. She was cheery, and was about their age. Actually, Katsumi thought she'd seen this girl in school, she was a second year.

"What would you like?" Tsukishima interrupted her train of thoughts. She looked at him before picking up the menu in front of her that was discarded a minute ago.

"I'll have a plate of your chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate frappe, please." She smiled at the waitress. Much to her suprise, the girl shot her a glare before boredly jotting down her order. She turned to Tsukishima and her cheery expression came back in an instant.

"And you?" Katsumi cringed as her voice transformed into a shrilly one in attempt to sound attractive.

'Well someone has a crush.' She thought.

"Strawberry shortcake and a vanilla cappuccino. Oh and a chocolate cupcake for take out." He stated bluntly. He put down the menu and locked gazes with Katsumi. Not sparing a glance at the waitress even when she said she'll be back.

"You like chocolate?" Katsumi questioned.

"No.. but you do." He said.

"She likes you." Katsumi cocked her head towards the waitress who was staring at them from across the room, in attempt for a coversation.

She looks calm and collected on the inside, but her palms were sweaty because this was her first date after all. She doesn't remember how it happened but when she told her ridiculous boyfriend about how this cafe was the same one she liked in Tokyo, they eventually decided on going here.

"And so what?"

"You don't have to be so harsh."

"I like you though."

"So what?"

Tsukishima scoffed as Katsumi let out a soft laugh at her attempt in imitatating him.

"Enjoy!" The waitress placed Tsukishima's cake gently while smashing the plate of cookies down with a loud thud.

Their drinks followed and the waitress winked at Tsukishima before returning to the counter.

"I think she likes me more than you." Katsumi said sarcastically.

She pouted, pretending to be sad in behalf of her blonde companion.

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"That." He gestured at her pouting lips.

She grinned mischeviously making him raise a brow.

"It's disturbing." He muttered.

"Disturbing? How so?" She teased.

"Stop or I'll make you."

"I didn't know you wanted a kiss that badly." She joked.

Idea.

She stole a glance towards the waitress who was not even trying to hide how interested she was in Tsukishima.

Tsukishima clicked his tongue. She instantly leaned forward a pecked his lips before sitting down like nothing happened.

"Next time, just tell me." She winked. The male stuttered, clearly baffled by the action. She laughed before taking a sip of her drink.

After a few more light conversations, exchange of laughter, and finishing their food, the two decided to leave.

After arguing over who would pay for the food, the two decided to split the bill. Before Tsukishima could tell Katsumi to wait outside, she was already ahead of him with the uneasy thought that she didn't want her boyfriend near the waitress.

"He-here's your change, ma'am. Come-..come again." The male cashier smiled nervously at Katsumi. Katsumi hesitated if she was going to say thanks or just smile, since the poor boy looked like he was going to pass out right there and then.

In the end she just gave him her signature smile and hurriedly walked across towards the door.
Halfway through pushing it open, somone grabbed her wrist and forcefully made Katsumi faced her.

"Why you? Why is he with you?You're one of the school trollops right? Look- you don't even wear make up cause you think you're already too pretty!"

Katsumi's eyes widened in shock. The waitress said this half-yelling half-whispering, probably because she'd get in trouble for doing this to a customer. Lucky for her nobody did notice them.

Katsumi managed to compose herself and pulled back her wrist just as harshly to how it was grabbed.

If she was in this situation about a year ago, she probably would have said something like 'you're hurting me' or she would say sorry and try to leave like nothing happened because she didn't want to upset anyone.

Not this time though.

"I'm sorry but what language are you speaking? It sounds like bullshit."

The waitress took a step back in suprise while Katsumi looked unbothered in everyway. So far her day was going so well, until this girl just had to ruin everything.

"Don't get me wrong, the last thing I want to do is offend you, but it's still on the list so if you'll excuse me."

She gave her a sweet smile before pushing the door without being interrupted this time. Spotting Tsukishima standing a few meters away, she walked at a quick pace towards the male.

"What took you so long?" 

"Nothing really.. Should we go?"

"Yeah-"

Tsukishima and Katsumi exchanged looks before Katsumi opened her bag and fished out her ringing phone.

She was suprised to see her mother's name on the caller's ID, but answered quickly nonetheless.

"Katsumi..? *sniffle*"

"Mom? Wait.. are you crying?" Katsumi asked. She was sure her mother was weeping from the other line. Worry now evident on her face.

After a few words from her mother, she almost dropped her phone but managed to compose herself. Hand shaking, she quickly glanced at Tsukishima who was giving her an inquiring look.

"I- I have to go."

.

Unedited~