Chapter Thirty

Katsumi's Pov

It was finally here.

The Spring High, Miyagi Prefecture Representative First Preliminaries was finally here.

After a really embarrassing scene where the boys were letting their nerves get to them as we waited for our turn, it was finally time for us to go take the court against our first opponents, Ougiminami.

.

"Yachi, calm down. Look, they're doing great!" I exclaimed as I tried to reassure the girl beside me who seems to be more nervous than the players.

Since only one manager was allowed on the bench, we were both leaning from the railings from the bleachers above.

Aside from the shaking Yachi, and the ongoing game, part of my attention was directed at the old man about two meters away from us.

He was conversing with a man around his thirties, the man calling him Ukai-sensei. My obvious guess was he's the old Coach Ukai the team mentioned. He was the current Coach's grandfather.

I turned towards the match, biting my lips in aticipation. They were doing really good with a five point lead. But being on a court, with people watching and cheering, seeing them sweat and hearing the ball being smashed only made me feel nostalgic.

I missed being the one in there. The one who dominates the game, with several people watching me closely. I miss it so much that I also thought that maybe.. just maybe, if I joined the girl's team, I could have pulled them along and we could be playing a match of our own as well.

But I will never regret meeting these boys and becoming their manager. Whatever else that I could have done meant nothing compared to the bond I made with these idiots.

The idiots that totally have the game in the bag, already being at set point.

.

"Amazing! This is amazing!" Yachi yelled and the two kids nodded in agreement with just as much enthusiasm.

I laughed, shaking my head. Yachi's face was lit up with astonishment as we watched the game unfold in awe.

Apparently, the two kids came here with Ukai-sensei and learned to play from him too. So I guess he didn't really stop teaching or coaching the sport.

"Prrttt..!!"

.

.

.

"ALRIGHT!!!"

Yachi and I hugged, jumping up and down as the team made it through their first match.

We exited the court for the next teams as I congratulated them for a job well done.

"Eeep!!" Hinata and Yachi's faces were pale as they gawked from the open door in the corridor.

We were just passing by when they decided to take a peek at the team who had a 2 meter giant on it. So now, they're making weird sounds every time the tall guy moves.

Kei and I exchanged knowing looks before we kept walking, moving past the rest. After the little scene that happened during camp, we never talked about it or didn't find the need to. Although he did become more touchy and comfortable around me and vice versa, as long as we're alone of course. As of now, we had no plans on telling the team since I'm not sure how they'd react. We kept it as low-key as possible. After all, we also didn't make it official. We still flirted and teased each other, but that's that.

Putting that aside, and getting ready for the next match.

If they win, then they'll make it through the first preliminaries and continue on to the representative battle in October.