Chapter Twenty-Eight

Training Camp: Final Day

"Woah."

The new quick worked. It actually did. Before they did it however, the team's form was actually really stable so maybe they had a good feeling about it. The atmosphere during the set was like the calm before a storm. Hinata did a feint that took us by suprise, Kageyama did a dump at the most unexpected time, Kei was able to block out Bokuto-san's spike and just now, the successful quick.

I grinned as I saw Hinata and Kageyama yell and cheer afterwards. After 3 weeks of not on talking terms, I'm glad they're finally back. The freak duo's finally back.

Furthermore, the team's day to day imrpovement is amazing. The gap between the score everytime they play is decreasing rapidly, and now, the ongoing set against Fukurodani was doing quite well.

I'm actually believing there's a chance they could beat the best team in this gym.

It's just that they've changed so much, and it's astonishing.

"Woah."

A back attack from the ace.. off the libero's toss.

I kept shifting in my seat as my eyes went wide in amazement. I mean, If I didn't join camp and watch them play when they got back, I probably won't recognize them..!

"FREE BALL..!"

"Now!!"

Multiple spikers head into the run-up from several direction roughly at the same time.

"A first tempo.." I whispered as I slowly stood up from my seat.

"Synchronized attack.."

"..."

"Woah." My mouth went agape after the ball was smashed to the ground.

Coach, Sensei, Kiyoko-san and Yachi also had the same expression. Shock written all over it.

All their separate practices.. finally paid off.

.

*whistle*

"Damn it." I muttered under my breath as I rubbed the bridge of my nose.

It was a 25-23 in Fukurodani's favor. Just when we were getting so close.

Nonetheless, the team, especially Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei, looked proud of themselves. I mean, who wouldn't with a development like that? They played brilliantly.

After a few more separate practices, the boys were told to clean up the gym as us managers were busy handled the preparations outside.

Putting the stack of plates down, I walked towards Yachi who was setting down the meat mext to the grill.

"Yachi..?" I gently tapped her shoulder to get her to turn around.

"Yeeik! Ka-Katsumi-chan..!" She slightly jumped, clutching her heart.

"You startled me."

"Oh, sorry about that... but have you seen my phone? I already asked Kiyoko-san but she told me to just check the places where I might have left it." I rubbed my arm, ashamed of my carelessness.

"No I haven't, have you checked the wash room..?" She gave me a questioning look.

"Yachi-san! Hurry we're gonna be late..!" I shouted while running towards the washroom. I looked back at the blonde behind me, also hugging a huge pile of jerseys just like me.