Chapter Seven

Katsumi's Pov

I dropped to my knees. Yes, I was that shocked. I looked up to them, they were an amazing team. And now, I'm going to be a part of it.

"Definitely!" I don't even know what a manager does but it's a huge yes for me.

In a moment I was engulfed in a very tight group hug. In any normal circumstance I would have cried for help cause I could no longer breathe, literally. But I guess I could hold it in for a few more seconds, I just can't ruin this moment.

Sugawara, first to notice how the massive figures squished my petite one, told them off. Everyone grinning as we all took a seat. Dinner went by smoothly, everyone laughing and teasing, the noisy chatterd could be heard outside, also them telling me how I would be a huge asset and how this would be Kiyoko's last year so she needed a replacement, much to our displeasure of the thought of the third years leaving.

I was wearing the black jacket everyone had since they gave me one last night. It felt so good to be part of the team. Today was the last day of training camp, meaning it was time to face Nekoma, but what bothered me was the incident last night after dinner.

"Katsumi, I'll be going now, be home before it gets too late." Kiyoko-san said as she wore her shoes. Standing up, she gave me a small smile before walking towards the direction of our house. She had to leave early because Kohana claimed there was an 'emergency' that needed attending to.

Walking back inside, there wasn't much more to do except to clean up the dining area and head home too. It was a little quiet since the boys were already washing up and preparing to sleep.

Walking towards the dining table, I tied my hair quickly in a messy bun and picked up the dishes that we ate from and carried them to the kitchen.

"Suga-senpai?" The gray haired setter turned around and gave me a smile.

"You should be tired from practice, you could just leave those to me." I said, gesturing towards the dishes he was starting to wash.

"No, it's okay. The bathroom is still packed and I'm not that tired anyway." He replied, continuing what he was doing before I came in.

I put the plates down beside him and grabbed a towel, to wipe the table with. I nodded before walking away, coming back a few minutes later after finishing. I helped him dry the dishes insisting he could leave it to me but he was persistent in what he was doing.

"Katsumi-chan, just for example you were the moon, giving all you can to guide and give light to those who need you in the dark, but then morning is about to come, and even though you're still there, you're already outshined by the sun, your presence no longer needed. If you could, would you hurry to get down sooner knowing you're now useless or would you still stay and just wait till you're out of the picture- uh,sky- I mean- uh nevermind that was-" He smacked his palm onto his forehead, his face a bit pink from embarrassment.

"I would just wait. Anyway, it's going to be dark where the sun left off, so I'll be where I'm needed instead. And of course, once the sun sets again, I'll be back to continue my prupose once more. Because at some point the sun will get tired and I'll be there with what I could offer." I smiled at his slightly suprised reaction. We both knew it was obvious, but since he didn't say it directly maybe he was still uncomfortable with the thought. So I continued to talk.

"And who said the moon can't be as bright as the sun?" I gave him a small giggle. "I've seen you play senpai. You deserve to be on the court, but if you're worried you lack something he has, then remember he lacks something you have too. That's why you're both options in the first place." I watch him nod and sigh as I placed my hand on top of his on the sink. I rubbed my thumb against it before turning around, not noticing his now crimson red face due to my actions. He needed a moment to himself so I did the last bit of cleaning and quietly went out the door, not disrupting his thoughts. Knowing most of the rest were already asleep since faint deep snores could be heard as I exited.

I was sorry for Sugawara-senpai since the starting line up didn't involve him. But he seems to be unbothered at the moment. I don't know if he was just trying to be his usual cheery self but whatever it is he's been doing, it's lifting up the whole team's mood.

Kiyoko-san called for me and I immediately came. She needed help in carrying a few large paper bags, and since they were open I could see what was inside. 'Oooh' I thought, as I got excited for them.

After a few minutes everyone was now flexing their new jerseys, cheering and was getting hyped up for the upcoming game.

~~~~

MY APOLOGIES IF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SHORT BECAUSE IT IS, MY BODY IS REALLY TIRED BUT MY BRAIN ISN'TTT