Chapter Forty-four

Decided to make this chapter a bit longer because I haven't updated for five straight days and I wanted to say sorry.

Oh and because this chapter is poorly written.
.

Tapping sounds of her foot steps  against the polished floor echoed as the ginger walked towards and out the door. Sliding it shut behind her forcefully.

1

2

3

4

5

6

6 minutes passed before someone finally uttered a word. Breaking the deafening silence.

"Here I was thinking Misaki-san was the only one in your old team that doesn't hate my sister."

Kohana clicked her tongue in annoyance before she helped Katsumi up. 

That moment, it seemed like Katsumi was the most vulnerable among the three when her two sisters started pampering her while walking towards the rest.

Much to everyone's suprise, Kageyama casually walked towards Katsumi. Without warning, he threw his arms around the girl, enveloping her in a hug.

The boys exchanged suprised looks at the sight, before the male libero jumped and yelled.

"GROUP HUG!!!"

And that was how everything went back to normal. Katsumi realized she was now surrounded by people, who actually cared for her, who accepted her as an equal, who she can be herself around without the constant fear of being judged.

She loved the team and she was glad to know she'll be spending her last years highschool here.

.

"Okay- seriously that's enough drama." Katsumi said teasingly as the boys played around trying to lighten up the mood as well.

They could also feel the akward atmosphere from the other girls inside the gym, so being the friendly bunch they were, they tried to invite them over.

Some made small talk and such, but there were still those protective few who knew how much Katsumi was hurt by those particular females they were currently entertaining.

Katsumi excused herself from the group seeing the blonde locks from the other side.

Tsukishima was blocked by the others but you can clearly see the back of his head towering from the rest. She walked towards the male when she spotted something that made her stop in her tracks.

Akari was infront of Tsukishima. This would have been normal if it weren't for the fact that she was practically draped over the blonde who was doing nothing but watch.

She stood closer, making sure Tsukishima can see her through his peripheral vision. So he did. Behind those glasses, his eyes widened for a second before returning to it's regular state.

Katsumi raised her brow and crossed her arms. The action making Tsukishima give her a look that's between the lines of 'don't look at me like that' and 'Please get her off of me'.

Still annoyed, Katsumi ripped Akari off and just as Tsukishima placed a hand on her head, she marched away before anyone could say anything.

Katsumi was too busy muttering furiously to notice that Tsukishima was right behind her. So it took her by suprise when he dragged her to a corner from behind.

Turning the girl around to face him, Katsumi attempted a slight glare before her eyes widened at how close he was.

Katsumi would never say it, but she liked how Tsukishima gripped both sides of her waist and made her body face him. She was avoiding his gaze because she can feel the heat creeping up her face. And the fact that there was no space between their bodies wasn't much help.

But both knew there were people around so that was as close as they could get. They probably already looked sneaky at how they were now.

Tsukishima sensed how flustered the girl was, making him smirk. He grabbed the opportunity to tease her more when he remembered how they got into that situation. Lowering his head enough just so he could whisper in her ear.

"My, my Katsumi.. don't tell me.. you're jealous..?" He teased, giving her a mocking grin.

Katsumi, who was trying to avoid looking up, instantly shot him a glare. This time not taking it back, her face blushing madly.

"Why would I be?" She scowled.

Tsukishima let out a low chuckle, making Katsumi's gaze soft. He looked at her and flicked her forehead as he opened his mouth so talk.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, rubbing her forehead. Tsukishima had his eyes on the girl while Katsumi glanced at the rest, her eyes widening slightly.

"Hey-.." Katsumi poked his chest repeatedly, her eyes not meeting his, making him give her a questioning glance. The girl's face was red as a pomegranate, muttering something as her eyes were focused on the floor.

"What? I can't hear you, you know."

"Uhm-... just- quickly, just squeeze my butt."

Tsukishima's eyes went wide as Katsumi turned her head to the right.

"Wha-"

"Just do it. Akari's coming this way." She muttered quickly, her face now even more red if that's possible.

"No I-"

"Do it."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Yes."

"Fine."

"Ye-wait what-"

*gasps*

Her back arched as she felt him quickly squeeze her behind without warning. His hands not leaving afterwards.

The moment her brain processed what happened, she started stuttering and burying her face in his chest, forgetting about the other girl who had her eyes on them.

Tsukishima on the other hand tried his best to hide the smile that was trying to show as he watched Katsumi flustered. He had to admit she was adorable and he never felt this dominant towards the girl. He liked it.

Their moment was interrupted when Akari started laughing. They both locked gazes before turning towards the girl who was laughing as she shook her head.

"I'll always lose to you, won't I?" She said before gesturing for Katsumi to follow her.

Katsumi hesitated, but eventually obliged. She'd rather talk to Akari then face Tsukishima after that akward situation.

She removed herself from the boy's grasp quick enough that he couldn't stop her in time.

He tried catching her arm but it only brushed as Katsumi took a step next to Akari. Looking over her shoulder, she gave Tsukishima a cheeky, victorious grin, knowing it would drive him insane as he stood there.

.

Much to Katsumi's suprise, Akari led her towards the rest of the girls who were now chattering among themselves, the team just beside them.

Akari placed a hand on the small of Katsumi's back, making her flinch. Akari smiled as she pushed her closer to the rest.

"We're sorry!!"

Katsumi stumbled back in shock as Yuki and Chiyo bowed a perfect 90 degree angle towards her. She didn't notice Reiko who rolled her eyes and bowed unwillingly for a second before standing straight omce more with crossed arms.

She glanced at Akari beside her who was also bowing.

"I-.. Uhm.. Akari?"

The three girls stood up properly, seeing the confused expression Katsumi had.

"We.. we wanted to say sorry. I wanted to say sorry. For how we treated you before. I was actually responsible for how Chiyo, Yuki and the juniors treated you. I-"

"It's okay."

"No, you don't have to forgive. We shouldn't have believed that rumor-"

"What rumor?"

"You.. you don't know?" Akari asked, suprised.

Katsumi tilted her head and furrowed her brows, answering Akari's question.

Akari opened her mouth to speak, but decided against it. Instead she looked back at the blonde who was now akwardly shifting in her spot.

"Reik-"

"I swear it was Misaki..! I mean-.. I know I did it, but I got it from her! And-.. why am I even explaining myself." She stomped her feet childishly.

"You're explaining, because you did something terrible. Didn't you.. Reiko?" Akari raised a brow.

"I-.. I'm sorry but I'm not really following.."

Akari faced Katsumi, her expression shifting into a guilty smile as she scratched her head.

"Well you see, the reason why we acted like that was because someone- " she shot Reiko a glare, "just had to tell us something that wasn't entirely true."

"Why- what was it?" Katsumi gave them an inquiring look.

"Reiko told us that she heard from a reliable source- " she shot Reiko another glare, "that you were the reason why coach left and that why we almost lost nationals."

.

Unedited.

I'm so sorry I'm so tired and busy.. maybe tomorrow again.