Chapter XI

THE PUNISHMENT

Know your right from wrong, sweetheart.

***

CHAPTER XI

*****

BOSS SAYS HE wants to see you in his office,” Anna said as she walked up to me in the garden.

I looked at her before looking back at the flower bed and continued with the watering. “I'm almost done. I'll go when I'm finished.”

“He says he wants you now,” she said in a firm voice, making me sigh and cut off the water flow. After dropping the hose, I wiped my hands on my uniform before stuffing them in my pockets.

“Well then, go on. Lead the way,” I said in a sarcastic tone as she rolled her eyes and walked away. Shaking my head, I followed her wordlessly.

The air around the both of us was bitter and tense. This always happened. Every time I got into a fight, this would happen. Because I would be in a bad mood and regret all of my actions and Anna would be pissed at me for not being mature and walking away.

She always hated when I got into fights because I was her closest friend and she came from a violent home.

Sometimes, I wish I was a better friend.

She walked me up until we were in front of Daniel's office, not sparing me a second glance before turning away and walking down the hall.

I shut my eyes and took a moment to prepare myself for what was going to happen behind his door. After a couple seconds of deep breathing, I placed my hand on the handle and pushed it open, letting myself into his office.

From the position of the door, I was directly facing Daniel's dark oak desk. Unsurprisingly, he was behind it, typing rapidly into his computer as I closed the door behind me.

The office was more spacious than I imagined it to be, with a large window overlooking the flower garden behind the desk. The desk was slightly more to the left, close to the bookshelf against the wall but not exactly touching it. To the right was just empty space with a black loveseat and a glass coffee table. There were small pieces that added an extra touch to the space like flower pots and art pieces, but I could tell that Daniel wouldn't care if they were there or not. He hadn't acknowledged since I had entered and he was the one that called for me.

“You called for me, sir?” I said, deciding to make my presence known.

He briefly glanced up from the monitor before looking back at it again. “I did.”

Cool, I refrained myself from saying. I stood awkwardly at the side of the room with my hands behind my back. I scuffed my feet against the hardwood floor, deciding that I wasn't going to say anything else until he finally acknowledged me.

Luckily, I didn't have to wait long because seconds later, he looked up at me with a raised brow. “Sit down.”

His voice came out as if mocking me, telling me that I should have done so without him having to tell him. Biting my lip, I shuffled over to the love seat. I knew why he called me here, but I wished I didn't.

He obviously caught me in my worst moments earlier that day, and for all I knew, I was about to be punished severely. Whether that meant having a long lecture or being shot in the ass was soon to be determined.

I could only wish that what he did to me, he'd do ten times worse to Lola.

Suddenly he got up, the light from the large window casting a shadow beside him as he walked around the desk to face me. I looked up at him, hoping that he wouldn't find the fact that I was meeting his eyes disrespectful.