Chapter XXVI

THE BALCONY

No one knows you better than you know yourself, honey.

***

WARNING: Sexual Content

CHAPTER XXVI

*****

ARACELI.”

I turned around to face La Bruja as she approached me. “Do you need anything?”

I was a bit salty towards her, because she had walked in just as Daniel had started unbuttoning my dress and almost caught me red-handed. Thankfully, I had bolted towards the toilet and slammed the door shut just as she let herself in after three knocks. Still, my day was ruined after that.

Luckily, she seemed to have something to help salvage it.

“You have a day off and Saturday this week,” she told me, making me beam brightly at her. Daniel had spoken to her. He didn't even wait for Friday to come.

“Thank you,” I said politely and turned back to my work so she couldn't chastise me about abandoning my tasks like she was so used to. Unfortunately, she didn't leave and instead loitered behind me until I finally turned around. “Is there anything else you have to tell me?”

I tried to keep my tone as even and respectful as I could, but I really didn't like her and the fact that she was just there with me irked me.

“No, no. I just wanted to ask if you know why Daniel had to speak to me about this? I mean, you could've asked me and the answer would've been the same.”

I held back an eye roll because we both knew that the answer would be nowhere near the same if I had personally gone up to ask her myself. Still, I kept my mouth shut and shrugged.

“I have no idea. You're going to have to bring that up with boss yourself,” I answered as if I didn't know. In reality, I had every idea why. But I wasn't going to tell her for two reasons. One of them being that I would only be ratting myself out. And the second reason being, I liked seeing her confused.

She nodded her head and backed away, giving me a small tight-lipped smile. I knew she was going to die in her confusion because the last thing she was going to do was question Daniel. He propably wouldn't have minded, but she did a lot.

Thankfully, after that event, the day remained relatively calm and I found myself slipping into Daniel's room later that night. Although this night, unlike other nights, I wasn't in my uniform and we didn't have sex immediately after I walked in.

Instead, we stood on his large balcony, staring out into the dark garden

“What happened to your hand?”

I looked down at my hand, flipping it over so I was looking at my palm. And the big, angry red line that ran from the beginning of my index finger to the other side of my palm. I wasn't sure if the scar would fully disappear.

“I cut myself while I was cooking,” I lied, shrugging it off. Even if the maids were fully aware of the situation, Daniel didn't need to know.

There was a second of silence; the only thing making noise being the wind that whipped through my hair.

He chuckled behind me. “You don't have to lie to me.”

I snapped my gaze away from the view in front of me and turned around to meet his eyes. He was already staring up at me, sitting calmly in his grey balcony chair with a brow raised.