Chapter XLII

THE GIFTS

Never let people's opinions get in the way of your happiness, babe.

***

WARNING: Sexual Content

CHAPTER XLII

*****

WHAT THE HELL?

“Woah,” Anna chuckled as she pushed past me and let herself into my room. “Araceli, you went all out. I didn't know you had the money to buy all of these things.”

I let my eyes run over the many bags, all of designer brands, that occupied my bed and the space around it. Slowly, looking up to meet Anna's eyes, I shook my head.

“I don't.”

“So what is all of this, then?” She picked up one of the designer boxes and opened it, revealing a pair of red, thigh-high boots. I felt my eyes almost water as my mind conjured the amount of outfits that it would look amazing with. “Someone gifted it to you?”

“It can't be. I mean, no one knows me. It must be for another maid or something.”

“Oh no,” Anna chuckled, staring intensely at a particular bag. She opened it and pulled out a red sexy, one piece lingerie set. “This is definitely for you.”

She held it up and in that moment, I realised why. It was my exact size.

Shaking my head, I walked over to the bed, quickly searching for the one thing that I knew would confirm whether or not all of these things were for me. And who exactly sent it.

It didn't take long for me to find the packaging for a shiny, black, phone and in that second, my heart leaped into my throat.

I didn't know how to feel. Confused and shocked seemed to be the main emotions.

“He bought you a phone too?” Anna almost screamed from behind me, yanking the package out of my hands as I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest. “Girl, who the fuck is your sugar daddy because you need to share.”

“Daniel.”

The temperature in the room dropped, both me and Anna not making any move as we stared at each other. I wanted to gain her full reaction, but there was none. There was just shock.

That was my main issue. I wanted to proudly say I was with Daniel without anyone going into shock or backing away in fear.

I just wanted it to be normal.

“I'm going to go speak to him,” I said, walking towards the door to leave the room.

“Y-You be careful, girl,” Anna called after me, making me shake my head again as I left.

With large strides, I made my way down the hallways for the maid's bedrooms and towards a staircase that would take me up to the second floor. Within seconds, I was in front of Daniel's room, not even bothering to knock as I calmly let myself in.

“You never knock,” was the first thing he said as I closed the door behind me.

I looked up towards where he was walking out from the bathroom and my jaw dropped at his appearance.

He was wearing... a suit. His white shirt was only buttoned half way up and a black tie hung loosely from his neck with his black suit jacket hunched over his shoulders.

Pursing my lips together, I leaned against the door and let him slowly make his way over to me with a smirk playing on his lips.

“That's because you never lock the door,” I finally answered once he was directly in front of me. I didn't touch him, giving him the chance to make the first move instead.