Chapter XXLX

THE HURTING

Never be afraid to ask for help, sweetheart. Not everyone sees your pain until you tell them.

***

WARNING: Severely unedited. Again. Lmao, sorry guys.

CHAPTER XXLX

*****

"Anna," I said softly, letting myself into the room and closing the door behind me. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

She sniffled and quickly wiped away the tears on her cheeks as if I didn't already see it. She plastered on a smile that looked so real and genuine, I was scared.

That was probably the smile see had been giving me for months now and I didn't know any better. I thought she was fine, but she very clearly wasn't and I was completely blind to that. She always helped me through my problems, but I never took time out to try and help her through hers.

"I'm fine," she sniffled, turning away from me.

I knew better then. Anna was a fabulous actress, but I was actively learning and I wasn't going to let her fool me anymore. I was going to be a supportive and caring friend, whether she liked it or not.

"What's wrong, Anna?" I asked again, walking towards her and taking a seat beside her.

She remained silent and I decided that I wasn't going to press her for the answer. She was understanding and didn't force me to tell her what was bothering me, so I was going to show her and her privacy the same respect. She was honestly someone to look up to.

I threw my date with Daniel to the back of my mind. I loved him and I wanted to spend every second of the day with him, but in that moment I had more pressing issues. Right now she needed me.

"It's fine," I said calmly, placing my hand on hers. "You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to. But I want you to know that I'm always here for you. I'm always here to talk to and I'll never ever treat you any different. You're my best friend and I love you."

She turned to me, her eyes sparkling with the utmost affection as she smiled. The tears began streaming down her face again, but instead her gaze on me was filled with hope instead of the beaten up look om her face.

I tilted my head to the side and she did the seem, placing her head on mine. "I know it may not seem like it, but it'll get better." My mind flicked back to a past memory, my mind being over taken by a certain red head that went by the name Morgan. "Time heals all wounds."

We remained silent for a while, before she hiccuped and finally spoke up. "My mom's condition has been getting worse," she muttered softly, speaking about her mom who was in the hospital for cancer, "I think I just got my heart broken and..." she trailed off and scooted away from me a bit, making me look at her with concern. "And I think I'm in love with a girl."

My jaw dropped to the floor as I stared at her in shock. I wasn't against it, I didn't want her to feel like I was. I just wouldn't have ever guessed that she would be lesbian. I wanted to slap myself in that moment.

I told her not to get hooked on dick. Of course she wasn't going to get hooked on dick, she didn't like dick.

"Oh," I said slowly, gauging her hopeful reaction as she kept her eyes trained on me. "Then I take back my comment about not getting hooked on dick. Don't get hooked on pussy."

She tilted her head to the side before a smile broke out onto her face and then a giggle tumbled out of her mouth. "What?"

"I told you not to take dick because you'll start craving it like an addict," I explained slowly. "I take that back. Don't take pussy because you'll start craving it like an addict."