Bonus Chapter

BONUS

What's worse than an angry woman?

***

BONUS CHAPTER

*****

WALKING BACK INTO the house after a long day of negotiations with potential business partners with my father, the last thing I expected to see was a fighting ring in the living room. Or something close to one.

"Araceli, stop this. You're going to get hurt."

My father snapped his head up, intrigue on his face as he took in the situation. "Who's getting hurt?"

Everyone turned to us at the sound of his voice, their eyes widening and their mouths dropping open in shock. They probably weren't expecting for us to walk in the moment we did.

"Are any of you going to answer me?" Lucien asked, irritation clear in his tone as he raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest.

The security detail that had accompanied us squeezed past us and walked away, probably not wanting to have anything to do with the situation. I would've left with them if the maid who seemed to be the cause of this whole spectacle wasn't one I knew better than others.

I leaned onto the wall by the doorway, unable to help the smirk that grew onto my face as I prepared myself for the chaos that I knew was going to ensue. Ever since meeting her, that's all that ever seemed to happen.

"Miguel slapped Araceli," the other maid that I didn't know spoke up suddenly, drawing all of our attention to her. Her face grew red and her hands shook violently as she glared down at the floor beneath her shoes.

"'s butt. He slapped my ass," Araceli quickly corrected her friend, making me raise an eyebrow at Miguel.

He slapped her ass? Something made my mind reel as I clenched my hands into fists. What startled me the most was the fact that it seemed like I had more of an issue with the fact that he touched her than with the fact that he had sexually assaulted her.

The blonde maid slapped her hand over her face at her mistake, but said nothing else.

"I don't even know why we're still here, boss," Miguel said, not showing any signs of remorse as he took a step back from her. I didn't even realise that they were so close, I could only focus on her. "I don't see how any of this still matters."

Araceli huffed and shoved Miguel roughly, but he didn't budge, further showing how much stronger he was compared to her.

"It still matters because—"

"Araceli," her friend hissed, latching onto her arm and yanking her away from him. "Don't try and fight him."

"Dont stop her."

I snapped my eyes to my father, furrowing my brows at his words as silence fell upon us.

"You want to fight him?" he asked, his voice dark and his gaze trained solely on her. "Then fight him."

"If you have any regard for your safety, I'd advise that you don't come anywhere near me, little girl. I will not hesitate to rip you in half."

No one in that room doubted his words, but she still looked like she was willing to fight him, not heeding his warning. With a quiet sigh, I decided to finally intervene before she got herself hurt.

"Come here."

She turned her attention to me at that moment, something in her gaze breaking as she took me in completely. She looked like she was thinking about it before she finally started walking towards me with small steps, but Lucien interjected.